Obligatory "Is Iowa a Rival" Thread

Mavric

Rivalry Week?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

My favorite line from the river tour guide:

It's spelled W-I-L-L-I-S, but it's pronounced 'Sears.'

Yeah any time someone says I went to the Willis tower I ask "where?" as many times as they say Willis tower.  It will always be the Sears tower to me.  Those tours are pretty good. 

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ahhh.....tough kid.

meh.  there were kids that had it worse than me.  It was pretty rough in the 80's and early 90's tho   They have closed 6 HS's in Gary since 2004 and most of those were barely hanging on when I was in school.  Gary Westside and my HS which is called something completely different now are the only two left open. .  

On 6/5/2023 at 8:47 AM, CyHawk said:

I still hope that Coach Ruhl gets the job done. We have heard discussion about Neb getting booted from the Big 10, and nobody in Iowa would be in favor of that. Word has it that the ONLY thing keeping Neb in the Big 10 is the fan support. It does take good fans to support a team that has been an absolute dumpster fire for over 20 years and has brought very little to the Big 10 (remember when "Frosty" was going to "bring it" to the Bog 10?"

Do you understand that what brings new teams into the Big 10 is about money, and not just about perception/success of a school's football program?

Bringing Nebraska into the B1G made more money for everyone. If it wouldn't have, we wouldn't have been invited.

If we got kicked out, net revenue for the conference would decrease. These concepts are very simple.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2

3 minutes ago, Undone said:

Do you understand that what brings new teams into the Big 10 is about money, and not just about perception/success of a school's football program?

Bringing Nebraska into the B1G made more money for everyone. If it wouldn't have, we wouldn't have been invited.

If we got kicked out, net revenue for the conference would decrease. These concepts are very simple.

53lgvb.jpg

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
8 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I'm going to miss CFB... RIP Reddit 

How can they claim superior corn when they focused on corn that isn't fit for consumption and sustenance, only burning. 

Sounds like some BS Iowegian logic 

This was my favorite comment though: 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...