Jump to content
SUHperman

Big announcement coming?

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Seems like all the big boys either already have a football only facility or are building one. Nebraska has enough recruiting disadvantages can't afford to fall behind in that area as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

How can Oregon's facility be the nicest without any NC hardware to show?  Phil can't buy that I see.

You know lived in Eugene when this opened and have seen it, I'm just not sure I grasp the ranking,  and I think the main reason really is the lack of hardware to show off.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mnhusker said:

You know lived in Eugene when this opened and have seen it, I'm just not sure I grasp the ranking,  and I think the main reason really is the lack of hardware to show off.  

You know, I'm just sayin, if you have for example a really showy trophy case with lets say 5 National Championship trophies right in the heart of your football facility, that really kicks it up a notch to me.  Much more so than say a big screen TV or a Large neon yellow decorative zero.  

To me it is like comparing hunting lodges, only one of them has no antlers in it.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard that 150 is the target number.  We'll be adding a few more this year but probably lose a few as well.  But I would guess that the 2020 season will see that 150 number.

 

I'm hearing that we shouldn't be surprised if an announcement is made this summer with plans to have a new facility in place two years after that.  Main issue is cleaning up some behind-the-scenes stuff - mainly making sure all the bases are covered to be sensitive to budget cuts the rest of the University is looking at even though the athletic department is printing money.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I've heard that 150 is the target number.  We'll be adding a few more this year but probably lose a few as well.  But I would guess that the 2020 season will see that 150 number.

 

I'm hearing that we shouldn't be surprised if an announcement is made this summer with plans to have a new facility in place two years after that.  Main issue is cleaning up some behind-the-scenes stuff - mainly making sure all the bases are covered to be sensitive to budget cuts the rest of the University is looking at even though the athletic department is printing money.

 

 

So are we getting a dome or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I've heard that 150 is the target number.  We'll be adding a few more this year but probably lose a few as well.  But I would guess that the 2020 season will see that 150 number.

 

I'm hearing that we shouldn't be surprised if an announcement is made this summer with plans to have a new facility in place two years after that.  Main issue is cleaning up some behind-the-scenes stuff - mainly making sure all the bases are covered to be sensitive to budget cuts the rest of the University is looking at even though the athletic department is printing money.

 

 

 

 

Is 160 the eventual goal? Thought I read that somewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Is 160 the eventual goal? Thought I read that somewhere. 

 

I thought I've seen 150 a few times.  But I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

I thought I've seen 150 a few times.  But I could be wrong.

 

 

I’ve definitely seen 150 as the next goal. I just thought I has also read 160 for an end goal. I could be remembering wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bland and Mills aren't on the list - neither are 10 walk-ons that have made commitments.  One open scholarship still available - that puts them at 155.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless they are serious about having enough stations operating practice for almost all these guys actually getting reps and practicing, I think getting 150+ players with half of them being walk-ons is a waste of resources.

 

Now, if they can organize and manage practice in a manner that all to those players are getting reps and having a chance to get better and prove what they can do, then great......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Unless they are serious about having enough stations operating practice for almost all these guys actually getting reps and practicing, I think getting 150+ players with half of them being walk-ons is a waste of resources.

 

Now, if they can organize and manage practice in a manner that all to those players are getting reps and having a chance to get better and prove what they can do, then great......

I think Frost understands this. Roster size doesn't mean jack squat if you aren't developing every guy on the roster. On the other hand, it can be a huge advantage to have a larger than most roster if you are getting the most out of each guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

That isnt enough depth. I want to be 20 deep at every position.

 

You're wasting your time. I already proposed the idea on here to cut every other men's program in the athletic department, and have a roster of 800.... It wasn't met with as much fanfare as I expected.:dunno:lol::D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

 

You're wasting your time. I already proposed the idea on here to cut every other men's program in the athletic department, and have a roster of 800.... It wasn't met with as much fanfare as I expected.:dunno:lol::D

Roby could play Tight End. 

 

Miles can help coach our offense :)

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, man eating mastodon said:

Think of the balloons man!!!


Balloons are so 20th century, man. It's time embrace the future of stadium bubbles!
 

bubbles.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, khaake said:


Balloons are so 20th century, man. It's time embrace the future of stadium bubbles!
 

bubbles.gif

I can guarantee my daughter would lose her effing mind if they had a bubble machine going.

 

She loves bubbles.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, khaake said:


Balloons are so 20th century, man. It's time embrace the future of stadium bubbles!
 

bubbles.gif

 

i thought bubbles were the past

 

 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I can guarantee my daughter would lose her effing mind if they had a bubble machine going.

 

She loves bubbles.

Hell, I'm a 33 year old man and I'd probably lose my effing mind chuckleshuffle :/

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Unless they are serious about having enough stations operating practice for almost all these guys actually getting reps and practicing, I think getting 150+ players with half of them being walk-ons is a waste of resources.

 

Now, if they can organize and manage practice in a manner that all to those players are getting reps and having a chance to get better and prove what they can do, then great......

 

.....well great then !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

 

You're wasting your time. I already proposed the idea on here to cut every other men's program in the athletic department, and have a roster of 800.... It wasn't met with as much fanfare as I expected.:dunno:lol::D

 

our BBall team typically only has about 8 players !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×