SUHperman

Big announcement coming?

13 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Seems like all the big boys either already have a football only facility or are building one. Nebraska has enough recruiting disadvantages can't afford to fall behind in that area as well.

15 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

How can Oregon's facility be the nicest without any NC hardware to show?  Phil can't buy that I see.

You know lived in Eugene when this opened and have seen it, I'm just not sure I grasp the ranking,  and I think the main reason really is the lack of hardware to show off.  

8 hours ago, mnhusker said:

You know lived in Eugene when this opened and have seen it, I'm just not sure I grasp the ranking,  and I think the main reason really is the lack of hardware to show off.  

You know, I'm just sayin, if you have for example a really showy trophy case with lets say 5 National Championship trophies right in the heart of your football facility, that really kicks it up a notch to me.  Much more so than say a big screen TV or a Large neon yellow decorative zero.  

To me it is like comparing hunting lodges, only one of them has no antlers in it.

• Plus1 1

I've heard that 150 is the target number.  We'll be adding a few more this year but probably lose a few as well.  But I would guess that the 2020 season will see that 150 number.

I'm hearing that we shouldn't be surprised if an announcement is made this summer with plans to have a new facility in place two years after that.  Main issue is cleaning up some behind-the-scenes stuff - mainly making sure all the bases are covered to be sensitive to budget cuts the rest of the University is looking at even though the athletic department is printing money.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I've heard that 150 is the target number.  We'll be adding a few more this year but probably lose a few as well.  But I would guess that the 2020 season will see that 150 number.

I'm hearing that we shouldn't be surprised if an announcement is made this summer with plans to have a new facility in place two years after that.  Main issue is cleaning up some behind-the-scenes stuff - mainly making sure all the bases are covered to be sensitive to budget cuts the rest of the University is looking at even though the athletic department is printing money.

So are we getting a dome or not?

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Is 160 the eventual goal? Thought I read that somewhere. 

6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Is 160 the eventual goal? Thought I read that somewhere. 

I thought I've seen 150 a few times.  But I could be wrong.

19 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I thought I've seen 150 a few times.  But I could be wrong.

I’ve definitely seen 150 as the next goal. I just thought I has also read 160 for an end goal. I could be remembering wrong. 

Bland and Mills aren't on the list - neither are 10 walk-ons that have made commitments.  One open scholarship still available - that puts them at 155.

Unless they are serious about having enough stations operating practice for almost all these guys actually getting reps and practicing, I think getting 150+ players with half of them being walk-ons is a waste of resources.

Now, if they can organize and manage practice in a manner that all to those players are getting reps and having a chance to get better and prove what they can do, then great......

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Unless they are serious about having enough stations operating practice for almost all these guys actually getting reps and practicing, I think getting 150+ players with half of them being walk-ons is a waste of resources.

Now, if they can organize and manage practice in a manner that all to those players are getting reps and having a chance to get better and prove what they can do, then great......

I think Frost understands this. Roster size doesn't mean jack squat if you aren't developing every guy on the roster. On the other hand, it can be a huge advantage to have a larger than most roster if you are getting the most out of each guy. 

22 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

That isnt enough depth. I want to be 20 deep at every position.

You're wasting your time. I already proposed the idea on here to cut every other men's program in the athletic department, and have a roster of 800.... It wasn't met with as much fanfare as I expected.:dunno:lol::D

17 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

You're wasting your time. I already proposed the idea on here to cut every other men's program in the athletic department, and have a roster of 800.... It wasn't met with as much fanfare as I expected.:dunno:lol::D

Roby could play Tight End. 

Miles can help coach our offense :)

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, man eating mastodon said:

Think of the balloons man!!!

Balloons are so 20th century, man. It's time embrace the future of stadium bubbles!

bubbles.gif

51 minutes ago, khaake said:

Balloons are so 20th century, man. It's time embrace the future of stadium bubbles!

bubbles.gif

I can guarantee my daughter would lose her effing mind if they had a bubble machine going.

She loves bubbles.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, khaake said:

bubbles.gif

i thought bubbles were the past

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I can guarantee my daughter would lose her effing mind if they had a bubble machine going.

She loves bubbles.

Hell, I'm a 33 year old man and I'd probably lose my effing mind chuckleshuffle :/

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

.....well great then !!!!

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

our BBall team typically only has about 8 players !!!