Jump to content
SUHperman

Big announcement coming?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

From the rumors it sounds like there's a lot to do. They need to wait for track season to finish. Build the new track/tear the old one down, and all the construction. Lord knows it takes almost two years to build a parking garage.

I'm not sure exactly where the track is going, but it's possible the track can be built during the track season.  Any modifications/upgrades to the stadium (south stadium) can start immediately after the final home game November 29th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not sure exactly where the track is going, but it's possible the track can be built during the track season.  Any modifications/upgrades to the stadium (south stadium) can start immediately after the final home game November 29th.

Probably not. They have to move the computer nerds out of their.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ZRod said:

Probably not. They have to move the computer nerds out of their.

 

I think there will be some modifications to South Stadium in the next year or two.  But I don't see any realistic way they can completely re-do it.  The logistics just don't work - juice is not worth the squeeze.

 

But I'm thinking they'll try to work on the traffic flow/concessions/restrooms somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That doesn't have to wait till after the season.

 

Nerds!!!

 

But really they have classes and professors offices in there I believe. When I had to take Matlab programming (right before they moved CSE  into south stadium) the professor liked to joke that he told Billy C. he was taking his desk. Then Bill was s#!t canned shortly after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty giddy about the announcement but it better come with pre-vis renders of what it's gonna look like or I will riot. We need some good press and we need something to cream over in anticipation.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I'm pretty giddy about the announcement but it better come with pre-vis renders of what it's gonna look like or I will riot. We need some good press and we need something to cream over in anticipation.

There has been a huge amount of build up to this announcement.  I would be very surprised if it's not done with visuals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Nerds!!!

 

But really they have classes and professors offices in there I believe. When I had to take Matlab programming (right before they moved CSE  into south stadium) the professor liked to joke that he told Billy C. he was taking his desk. Then Bill was s#!t canned shortly after that.

 

Do you know if any of that was done before school started?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

 

Do you know if any of that was done before school started?

No clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I'm pretty giddy about the announcement but it better come with pre-vis renders of what it's gonna look like or I will riot. We need some good press and we need something to cream over in anticipation.

Oh, there will be cream

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Landlord said:

I'm pretty giddy about the announcement but it better come with pre-vis renders of what it's gonna look like or I will riot. We need some good press and we need something to cream over in anticipation.

 

I'm personally hoping there will be a lobby fountain addition with a statue of Bob Devaney dancing on a table at the Elk's Club in the middle. 

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The big announcement that I am looking for is that we have a functional offensive line.

We saw flashes of it against Illinois, but we need consistency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Apsu said:

The big announcement that I am looking for is that we have a functional offensive line.

We saw flashes of it against Illinois, but we need consistency.

With 2 guys with 4 career starts to date (one of them a former walk-on), the line may not be consistent all year long. I am looking for improvement and development. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

With 2 guys with 4 career starts to date (one of them a former walk-on), the line may not be consistent all year long. I am looking for improvement and development. 

 

We may not get there for the Ohio State U, but as you said "more consistency" will come later in the year.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...