CFB Power Brokers Discussing Expansion Of CFP To 8

seaofred92

Saban isn't fully acknowledging the truth - the bowl games have already disintegrated. We all knew this might be a side effect of the CFP and it happened. Expansion to eight wouldn't change anything except giving more deserving teams a shot at a title. The bowl games are what they are at this point.

To be honest, I've hit a point where the loss of the bowl games wouldn't impact me at all.

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Saban isn't fully acknowledging the truth - the bowl games have already disintegrated. We all knew this might be a side effect of the CFP and it happened. Expansion to eight wouldn't change anything except giving more deserving teams a shot at a title. The bowl games are what they are at this point.

To be honest, I've hit a point where the loss of the bowl games wouldn't impact me at all.

Fully agree. I could care less about the bowl games. I dont blame the playoff- I just think it has shined a light on how worthless the bowls actually are. With kids also recognizing it some are opting out of the bowl games making them even more meaningless. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

52 minutes ago, Redux said:

Guess how many bowl games I have sat down and watched start to finish this year?

Tell me the bowls aren't a watered down joke anymore.

The bowls are so worthless they went ahead and cancelled one due to weather. If they actually mattered you would figure out a way to find out who wins. 

Would you cancel a conference championship game and not make it up? No

Would you cancel a playoff game? No

Would you have cancelled a BCS title game? No

On and On. 

Outside of the playoff or previous years national title deciding games none of them matter.

8 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Here is a good read for those opposed to so many bowl games.  People have complained about the number of bowls since they started over 100 years ago...  

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/6/14/17455798/are-there-too-many-bowl-games

The bowls will start to go away as attendance goes down, tv viewers goes down and the opportunity to make money off them dwindles.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

The bowls will start to go away as attendance goes down, tv viewers goes down and the opportunity to make money off them dwindles.

I agree completely.  It's all about money.  Right now they are obviously profitable so I'm going to enjoy them while we have them.  

Whenever i have ESPN on, i see nothing but ads/promo's for playoff games.  I have yet to see any promo's for any of the actual bowl games.  I have forgotten when most of them were on and have missed a bunch.  Part of that is due to Huskers not being in a bowl so i don't care as much, but it's also "telling" that there is absolutely no marketing or hype for these actual bowl games.

13 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Whenever i have ESPN on, i see nothing but ads/promo's for playoff games.  I have yet to see any promo's for any of the actual bowl games.  I have forgotten when most of them were on and have missed a bunch.  Part of that is due to Huskers not being in a bowl so i don't care as much, but it's also "telling" that there is absolutely no marketing or hype for these actual bowl games.

I've seen some commercials/promos but, you're right, they've been very minimal. I think it's a good example of ESPN knowing where to make its bed.

I'm looking forward to seeing the bowl and playoff ratings once this year is complete and comparing that to previous years.