How long will it last?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am a simple and selfish person, as most of us are, if I was not getting paid right now I would be pissed.  

Yeah, I feel bad for them, but no worse than anybody else that has the company they work for "shutdown".  At some point they need to go find another job, like the rest of us do.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

At some point, those government employees need to start getting a paycheck. But, yes. You're right.

There is no "emergency" at the border that warrants these people not getting paid.

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Yeah, I feel bad for them, but no worse than anybody else that has the company they work for "shutdown".  At some point they need to go find another job, like the rest of us do. 

:blink:

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Neither side wants to end it unless it is on their terms.  It is sad when you remember that they are "educated" adults that can't figure this out, well, they can figure it out but they refuse to do so at the moment.  

Trump isn't against fixing the border...he is against it not be HIS way.  The democrats are not against a wall, they are against HIS wall.  It is Stubborn 101 and both sides have Masters degrees.

I am a simple and selfish person, as most of us are, if I was not getting paid right now I would be pissed.  

Maybe borderline tinfoil hat perspective, but I feel like both sides have it pretty well figured out..... Let the issues slowly play out, and use it as campaign material and talking points for another two or three decades.

I personally think more wall is more useful and necessary than it is not. I also think expanding upon the current wall is simply inevitable, regardless of if it happens under Trump or not.

I think Democratic voters and politicians who are opposed to this have supported other politicians in the past who have had sections of wall put into place..... And for as much grand standing as we're seeing right now, I think there will be a dem president (or 5, or 10) who approves more wall constructionution again in the future. Will dem voters blast those politicians in the future? I have my doubts.

That's not to say the GOP has the end all solution in hand either. But I agree more with the construction of the wall than not.

Both sides have it figured out, create controversy, and win votes.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Oade said:

Maybe borderline tinfoil hat perspective, but I feel like both sides have it pretty well figured out..... Let the issues slowly play out, and use it as campaign material and talking points for another two or three decades.

I personally think more wall is more useful and necessary than it is not. I also think expanding upon the current wall is simply inevitable, regardless of if it happens under Trump or not.

I think Democratic voters and politicians who are opposed to this have supported other politicians in the past who have had sections of wall put into place..... And for as much grand standing as we're seeing right now, I think there will be a dem president (or 5, or 10) who approves more wall constitution again in the future. Will dem voters blast those politicians in the future? I have my doubts.

That's not to say the GOP has the end all solution in hand either. But I agree More with the construction of the wall than I not.

Both sides have it figured out, create controversy, and win votes.

Your post was worded much better than mine!  I agree.

The State of the Union doesn't need nor should it be covered at this point because there is nothing of value he can say during a government shutdown.

Pelosi and Co have tried to end this several times.  They have already offered BILLIONS of dollars for border security but the president is fixated on $5.7B and the express wording of it to be used for a wall.

The president is holding the government hostage to get his way.  Not even a compromise.  His way.  If Democrats cave now, he can force a shutdown on anything and that isn't the way it's supposed to work.

• Plus1 7

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Trump’s Republican enablers could end this whenever they want. They can override his veto. They are too chickens#!t or too stupid to do so. It isn’t their job to do whatever the president wants because he’s a member of their party. 

• Plus1 4