How long will it last?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Would really like to hear from anyone that supports Trump to defend this without eyeTrolling.  

Pretty amazing.  The great Negotiator gets blanked, zero, nota,  while slowing down the economy, shutting down the govt, hurting families and costing the GOP  and himself thousands of votes in 2020.  Yea - he's a great businessman alright

• Plus1 2

The top map is Trump's results from the election. The bottom map is the states that had the highest percentage of federal workers impacted by the shutdown. Approx. 10 of the 16 hardest hit states favored Trump, and now he's had to compromise on zero wall funding in order to get the gov't back open, weeks after promising he would keep the gov't shut down "as long as it takes."

I find it ironic that those were the states hit hardest. The people he shut the government down to try and fulfill a campaign promise to were directly in the crosshairs of the shut down.

election-results.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 3.48.01 PM.png

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, Enhance said:

The top map is Trump's results from the election. The bottom map is the states that had the highest percentage of federal workers impacted by the shutdown. Approx. 10 of the 16 hardest hit states favored Trump, and now he's had to compromise on zero wall funding in order to get the gov't back open, weeks after promising he would keep the gov't shut down "as long as it takes."

I look forward to hearing whatever nonsensical excuse there is for all of that, especially from some of his more ardent supporters.

election-results.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 3.48.01 PM.png

This doesn’t make sense. Not sure what you want here 

Unfortunately the shutdown is only over for three weeks then trump is going to declare an emergency ( it isn’t at all) and ram the stupid thing through anyway . The only thing he seems to care about is getting his way,  and his idea of winning . It doesn’t matter if the wall is a good idea or not it’s going to get done so he can look powerful , and “get things done”. His supporters will love it . 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Waldo said:

This doesn’t make sense. Not sure what you want here 

I should have been more clear so I'll update the OP, but I find it ironic that 10/16 states with the most people impacted by the shutdown were won by Trump during the election. Not only is he failing in one of the cornerstones (if not the biggest cornerstone) of his campaign, but his insistence on keeping the gov't shut down impacted them more than any other state.

• Plus1 2