2020 Congressional Elections

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I can't blame Mark Burnett.

Blame the average American voter in the midwest. Facebook has essentially become a Boomer-brainwashing machine, convincing people that voting for a reality TV character was a good idea. 

Mark Burnett's job is to create TV. Its up to a voter to use some critical thinking ability and fill in a few circles on a ballot, separating TV from real life. Something they cannot do.

Definitely. 90% of my old people on FB get tricked by the BS repost s#!t, like "FB will stop being free soon, send this to 10 people" "FB blocked the pledge of allegiance from being posted because it has the word 'God' in it" "FB made it so none of my friends can see what I posted and this fixes it, post it on your timeline"

What happened to these people's brains?

This is strange, because if the GOP loses the Senate, trump's a lame duck for four years even if he wins reelection. So why wouldn't he throw everything he has into helping them?

Trump privately tells donors it would be ‘very tough’ for GOP to hold Senate

President Trump privately told donors this past week that it will be “very tough” for Republicans to keep control of the Senate in the upcoming election because some of the party’s senators are candidates he cannot support.

“I think the Senate is tough actually. The Senate is very tough,” Trump said at a fundraiser Thursday at the Nashville Marriott, according to an attendee. “There are a couple senators I can’t really get involved in. I just can’t do it. You lose your soul if you do. I can’t help some of them. I don’t want to help some of them.”

Quotes from article about Tuberville's senate run.

What do you think about his decision to align himself with Trump?

Rodriguez: I’ll be honest. I didn’t really know what [party] he was representing. He coached multicultural kids. I would have thought it was gonna be on the Democratic side. You have knowledge of these kids’ backgrounds, where they come from. You sit in their homes and see their circumstances. But with him going on the Republican side, and backing in what Trump is trying to do, it’s raised a level of concern. And it makes me want to do my own research on what he is advocating.

Trone: I’m disappointed, because he did come into everyone’s living rooms and have this personal connection with everyone when they were young, and they weren’t aware of what his political beliefs might be. I think it’ll be interesting to know what things that Trump has said or done that he does not agree with. I would be curious to know that.

Johnson: That’s the part that disappointed me the most. Just knowing who Tubs was, and knowing that a lot of these kids that he recruited, including myself, were minority kids that came from areas that weren’t privileged.

Jackson: It’s very disingenuous. He coached a team that had a majority of African American players. And President Trump has no interest in Black males. And so for Coach Tuberville to support someone like that—what does that say about somebody who has always thought this way to make millions of dollars off the same people the president is intending to overlook or mistreat? It’s shameful. It’s downright shameful.

https://slate.com/culture/2020/10/tommy-tuberville-senate-auburn-players.amp

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, SECHusker said:

Quotes from article about Tuberville's senate run.

What do you think about his decision to align himself with Trump?

Rodriguez: I’ll be honest. I didn’t really know what [party] he was representing. He coached multicultural kids. I would have thought it was gonna be on the Democratic side. You have knowledge of these kids’ backgrounds, where they come from. You sit in their homes and see their circumstances. But with him going on the Republican side, and backing in what Trump is trying to do, it’s raised a level of concern. And it makes me want to do my own research on what he is advocating.

Trone: I’m disappointed, because he did come into everyone’s living rooms and have this personal connection with everyone when they were young, and they weren’t aware of what his political beliefs might be. I think it’ll be interesting to know what things that Trump has said or done that he does not agree with. I would be curious to know that.

Johnson: That’s the part that disappointed me the most. Just knowing who Tubs was, and knowing that a lot of these kids that he recruited, including myself, were minority kids that came from areas that weren’t privileged.

Jackson: It’s very disingenuous. He coached a team that had a majority of African American players. And President Trump has no interest in Black males. And so for Coach Tuberville to support someone like that—what does that say about somebody who has always thought this way to make millions of dollars off the same people the president is intending to overlook or mistreat? It’s shameful. It’s downright shameful.

https://slate.com/culture/2020/10/tommy-tuberville-senate-auburn-players.amp

I think what we've found with some of the people that have come out and public endorsed Trump the last week is that the GOP remains the party of mostly older, mostly wealthy white dudes. And they're mostly sticking together.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1