*** 2024 Recruiting ***

13 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Is that a good thing we are ranked at 21st?  I would think we should be at least in the top 20.

they still haven't given some of the guys a 4th star that 247 did.  I think we are ranked 18th for 247.  its weird that they can have like a 20-40 spot difference where they rank some of the players.  

9 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

they still haven't given some of the guys a 4th star that 247 did.  I think we are ranked 18th for 247.  its weird that they can have like a 20-40 spot difference where they rank some of the players.  

Yeah don't go look at Rivals then bc they have Daniel Kaelin as their 30th best qb which we all know is not true.  He is a 4 star qb who should be ranked as a 4 star by all the recruiting sites.

On 7/16/2023 at 3:33 PM, Huskerfollower4life said:

Do you get the feeling that our recruiting class is extremely undervalued or are ok with where the guys are ranked right now?

Every fanbase that has a recruiting class outside of the top 5 thinks their class is undervalued.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

What I have learned from following this for a while is to look at it in tiers.

Class ranked 1-5 you are the best of the best.  6-10 you are killing it.  11-20 you are setting yourself up well.  Anything 21+ is a complete crapshoot.

Example, here are the class rankings from 247 from last year.  The difference in points between the #1 and the #5 class is the same as the difference of the #21 and the #50 class.

#1 327.7

#5 289.0

Difference of 38.7

#6 288.7

#10 277.3

Difference of 11.4

#11 273.4

#20 235.0

Difference of 38.4

#21 234.2

#50 197.0

Difference of 37.2

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, Red Five said:

What I have learned from following this for a while is to look at it in tiers.

Class ranked 1-5 you are the best of the best.  6-10 you are killing it.  11-20 you are setting yourself up well.  Anything 21+ is a complete crapshoot.

Example, here are the class rankings from 247 from last year.  The difference in points between the #1 and the #5 class is the same as the difference of the #21 and the #50 class.

#1 327.7

#5 289.0

Difference of 38.7

#6 288.7

#10 277.3

Difference of 11.4

#11 273.4

#20 235.0

Difference of 38.4

#21 234.2

#50 197.0

Difference of 37.2

Exactly. I've been telling people on this board that finishing arund 23rd isn't much different than finishing 50th.

At the end of the day, Nebraska is going to finish 20-25th in recruiting. Pretty much the norm for Nebraska  over the last 10 years or so. This class is average for Nebraska. He can do a better job of retaining the top talent they do get to campus.

Hopefully Rhule can improve the ranking or at least bring in a higher % of blue chips in future classes.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

24 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Exactly. I've been telling people on this board that finishing arund 23rd isn't much different than finishing 50th.

At the end of the day, Nebraska is going to finish 20-25th in recruiting. Pretty much the norm for Nebraska  over the last 10 years or so. This class is average for Nebraska. He can do a better job of retaining the top talent they do get to campus.

Hopefully Rhule can improve the ranking or at least bring in a higher % of blue chips in future classes.

Regardless of ranking, I think this will end up being one of the better classes we've signed in a long time

• TBH 2
24 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:
6 hours ago, Red Five said:

Finishing 23 is close to the same difference in finishing 11th as it is 50th from a number standpoint.   So can we also say finishing 23rd isn’t much different than finishing 11th?  

• TBH 3
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Finishing 23 is close to the same difference in finishing 11th as it is 50th from a number standpoint.   So can we also say finishing 23rd isn’t much different than finishing 11th?  

Sure, you can say that if you want.

But the 11th rated class has way more top tier talent.  The 11th rated class signed 4 top 100 kids and 19 4* and 5* kids.  The 23rd rated class signed 1 top 100 kid and 9 4* and 5* kids.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, Red Five said:
13 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Sure, you can say that if you want.

But the 11th rated class has way more top tier talent.  The 11th rated class signed 4 top 100 kids and 19 4* and 5* kids.  The 23rd rated class signed 1 top 100 kid and 9 4* and 5* kids.

I guess that’s my point to the Strangelove.  It can also be said the 23rd ranked class has more top 300 kids and more kids on verge of a 4 star ranking than the 50th ranked class.  It’s all relative.   

The more important point i think we all agree on is having MULTIPLE top 20, maybe a 23rd once in awhile, classes in a row while keeping that talent on the roster being the important factor for a school like Nebraska to jump back into relevancy.  

A single 23rd ranked class in the midst of multiple top 20 classes is way different than number 45-50 classes

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Unfortunately that's not how measuring anything works. 

If you're in a race to run a mile and the 1st place guy ran it in 4 minutes, the 11th place guy at 5 minutes, @Archy1221 finished 21st at 10 minutes and the guy who finished 50th ran it in 11 minutes, who are you closer to? The guy who finished in 11th place or the guy in 50th?

Recruiting is no different. Last year, Nebraska finished 25th with 4 blue chip recruits. The team that finished 11th had 19 blue chip recruits. 4.5x the amount. Meanwhile the team that finished 50th had 3 blue chip recruits. Which team is Nebraska closer to?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1