*** 2024 Recruiting ***

24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, we are at 24 commits with us expecting to get Brix.  We are the favorite right now to get Ross out of KC.  We really want Baker if some how some way we could pull him in.  Seems like they are still recruiting Benning.

How many are we willing to take now?  Has the number changed?

I'm not sure Rhule is all that concerned about "the number" at this point.

pirates-caribbean-code.gif

Just now, Mavric said:

I'm not sure Rhule is all that concerned about "the number" at this point.

pirates-caribbean-code.gif

That's kind of what I'm wondering.  I don't think he's going to bring in some kid that's rated .8200.  But, he would more than welcome the ones I listed.  Then, you figure out next summer how to get down to the 85.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, we are at 24 commits with us expecting to get Brix.  We are the favorite right now to get Ross out of KC.  We really want Baker if some how some way we could pull him in.  Seems like they are still recruiting Benning.

How many are we willing to take now?  Has the number changed?

I think Rhule is stacking athleticism and depending on development from the '23 and '24 classes. Then we will see a smaller but higher-rated average class for 2025, focused on in-state and our regional targets (Iowa, KC, SL, Miami, Texas, California, Pennsylvania). I would be surprised if we saw more than 2-3 recruits not from those regions. I think that class will end up with around 18-22 recruits.

• 1 month later...

21 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Recruiting is always fluid and things can change quickly but it feels like this ‘24 class is really close to each other and all locked in. McGahee is the only one I feel a bit shaky about in terms of a possible decommitment/flip.

I could see more of the offensive players jumping ship than the defensive guys.  Especially if the defense keeps up their performance and the offense continues to struggle against P5 defenses.  

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Recruiting is always fluid and things can change quickly but it feels like this ‘24 class is really close to each other and all locked in. McGahee is the only one I feel a bit shaky about in terms of a possible decommitment/flip.

Lacy is absolutely a guy we will have to recruit like is uncommitted to the end 

• Plus1 1