*** 2024 Recruiting ***

2 hours ago, swmohusker said:

If we Wanted to recruit right now we would have hired hugh freeze. This is how Rhule works. I will trust their eye until it proves to be wrong.

They mentioned how hands on Rhule is at camps. At a lot of camps the head coach will make an appearance and that is about it. 

It's best to trust the consensus of all power 5 coaches than assume that your preffered teams head coach is a football genius that can see things in prospects that other coaches cannot see.

"Trust the coaches" is what fans of every talent deprived team says when they recruit players nobody else wants. 

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Nebraska beat out Missouri Southern State for this one. 

Matt Rhule is going to have to turn Nebraska into the best developmental program in the country with the talent they're bringing in. This is pretty pathetic.

Easy,  My buddy is the HC there and he knows some defensive talent.    

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It's best to trust the consensus of all power 5 coaches than assume that your preffered teams head coach is a football genius that can see things in prospects that other coaches cannot see.

"Trust the coaches" is what fans of every talent deprived team says when they recruit players nobody else wants. 

Or you can trust recruiting services who have 30/40 guys with little coaching experience, evaluating guys from all position groups from all over the country against all different kinds of levels of competition. Either way it is a grab bag. Most of our staff has p5 or nfl experience and have had hands on experience with these players. It is also June so we are not just filling spots to fill spots. I think the staff really likes these guys or they wouldn’t accept the commitment.   But we will all have to wait a few years to see who is right. I am personally excited to see local guys excited to be N!!

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Easy,  My buddy is the HC there and he knows some defensive talent.    

They are still D2. Granted he still worked out for us but you would assume schools like Iowa, KSU, & KU would be all over this fella. Same with ISU. This is a bread and butter recruit for those schools especially being in their backyard. 

• Plus1 2

These last two commits are head scratchers for me. One kid had an offer from Eastern Illinois and the other to freakin Missouri Southern. Where are all the connections to the Texas kids I read about that Bob Wager was going to funnel to Nebraska?? I realize the coaches are still behind in establishing connections to 2024 kids.  It appears we are the new home for lost and wayward high schoolers. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

These last two commits are head scratchers for me. One kid had an offer from Eastern Illinois and the other to freakin Missouri Southern. Where are all the connections to the Texas kids I read about that Bob Wager was going to funnel to Nebraska?? I realize the coaches are still behind in establishing connections to 2024 kids.  It appears we are the new home for lost and wayward high schoolers. 

Just saying but have you seen the amount of Texas guys in this class? I know you mean high quality guys but right now out of Texas they have 

Buford, Gradney, Flynt, Pyle, & Prude with a chance to add a lot more. There is a ton of Texas flavor. 

5/12 guys are from Texas. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Other schools are telling recruits that our staff is filled with coaches who have little to no experience, causing players to take a wait and see approach or just commit elsewhere. I think if we start off well or have a good season, they will flip. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Other schools are telling recruits that our staff is filled with coaches who have little to no experience, causing players to take a wait and see approach or just commit elsewhere. I think if we start off well or have a good season, they will flip. 

Everyone negative recruits something let’s be real here. I get what you mean. But you also can preach that this is a new staff that will be here for a long time with contracts to prove it. 

With new facilities & NIL being rather good this should be better than it is. Some promise may breathe some life into the class. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Decked said:

Everyone negative recruits something let’s be real here. I get what you mean. But you also can preach that this is a new staff that will be here for a long time with contracts to prove it. 

Yes but that one is hard to overcome because it is true.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

2 minutes ago, THROW_DEM_BONES said:

I think Evan Taylor and one of Landen Davidson, Michael Burt, or Donovan Jones

I would strongly venture to say Evan Taylor & Davidson. Omar has strongly alluded to making a point to tweet if it was a guy from Texas/Nebraska. Do not see Jones committing yet. Wonder how many interior OL they are gonna take in this class. Pyle, the iowa kid, & still have a few more on the board. 

5 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Yes but that one is hard to overcome because it is true.

While I don’t disagree one of the largest looming issues is you won’t play a bowl game here. I am hesitant to place lofty expectations but a bowl game in year one feels very key to early success/buy in for recruits/players/fans.

• TBH 2
Just now, Decked said:

I would strongly venture to say Evan Taylor & Davidson. Omar has strongly alluded to making a point to tweet if it was a guy from Texas/Nebraska. Do not see Jones committing yet. Wonder how many OG they are gonna take in this class. Pyle, the iowa kid, & still have a few more on the board. 

Agreed. Taylor and Davidson are most likely the next to commit. Jones set his OV for tomorrow. Burt will likely see his stock rise, so his decision may not come until later.

2 minutes ago, THROW_DEM_BONES said:

Agreed. Taylor and Davidson are most likely the next to commit. Jones set his OV for tomorrow. Burt will likely see his stock rise, so his decision may not come until later.

Burt is probably N. But just not yet. 

FYI Jones has already used his OV here.