** 2019 Opponent Previews : Ohio State (Game 5) **

I don't think we will get embarrassed like some think. Those Riley teams that got steamrolled by OSU didn't even want to be on the field and you could tell. That was embarrassing. This team will play the game like they want to win. We may make mistakes, blow a coverage, miss some blocks, but the effort and intensity will be there. That will make a huge difference and IMO will keep the score from getting embarrassing. This team actually has some pride.

• Plus1 2

9 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I don't think we will get embarrassed like some think. Those Riley teams that got steamrolled by OSU didn't even want to be on the field and you could tell. That was embarrassing. This team will play the game like they want to win. We may make mistakes, blow a coverage, miss some blocks, but the effort and intensity will be there. That will make a huge difference and IMO will keep the score from getting embarrassing. This team actually has some pride.

Let's not kid ourselves.  It was more than just "Riley teams".  This goes back to the Callahan era and all the way through Bo and Riley.

Now, I agree with your first statement.  I don't think we are going to get embarrassed like some think.  Frost is instilling the right attitude, he knows how to stay calm and coach in games like this, the team follows his lead.

GBR!!!

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

I agree. In the past the only person who ever seemed to have any fire or desire was Tommy and he dang near got killed trying to beat tOSU himself in 2016. I don't think that's the case anymore. We have guys like AM, Wandale, Mo, JD and more on offense and Barry, JoJo, the DL, Lamar who cares now and more on defense. These guys aren't going to lay down without a fight as they showed on Saturday. I mean the heart they played with Saturday and the hits some of those guys took and got back up to keep playing was impressive.

9 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Good luck.  tOSU craps the bed at least once per year with a team that has olines that whiff, no kicking game, and is error prone.  My money is on them crapping the bed on this one.  I think it's close enough to give you heartburn this weekend.

I hope you are right but NU is coming off a tough, emotional hard hitting game. The nuts starters sat for almost a half. Special teams for NU is small bus special. NUs defense isn’t good (better than last year.) The Oline will get eaten alive by OSU D front. Plus the team is beat up (injuries).

This is a new coaching staff for OSU that will put the foot all the way on the pedal imo. Wish NU would fix all their woes and win outright, but the my money says “not happening”. 

I'm almost 100% sure Nebraska loses this game but i dont think its a blowout. This game will be huge for Nebraska for recruits, hang with ohio state for most of the game keep it within 10-17 points and tell all the 4 stars visiting they're the missing pieces we need to close the gap.

OSU's chase young scares me, but if they can keep him in check and martinez has time it will be relatively close.

10 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

I'm almost 100% sure Nebraska loses this game but i dont think its a blowout. This game will be huge for Nebraska for recruits, hang with ohio state for most of the game keep it within 10-17 points and tell all the 4 stars visiting they're the missing pieces we need to close the gap.

OSU's chase young scares me, but if they can keep him in check and martinez has time it will be relatively close.

I like your points.  However, to keep it to 10-17 points we would have to play fundamental football, not turn the ball over, stop missing assignments, limit the penalties.  Basically, we have to be the team we have not been to this point.

Still see a 35 point loss here.