Alternate Uniforms 2019

On 10/12/2019 at 9:23 AM, ColoradoHusk said:

I like the all-red look. I wouldn’t let one game ruin the opinion of that look.

I think the all-whites look ok, but there is enough history to show that NU doesn’t play well in them. That’s why they are called the “surrender whites”. 

On 10/12/2019 at 11:33 AM, FTW said:

Near the end of Callahan's final losing season we wore all whites. During the Riley era we wore all whites quite a bit. The 2002 7-7 season our official uniforms were the ugly a$$ all white uniforms. I don't miss the all white uniforms one bit. Other than an alternate, I don't see Frost ever allowing his team to wear all white during a road game.

2007 Colorado - L 51-65

2014 Fresno - W 55-19

2014 Northwestern - W 38-17

2014 USC - L 42-45

2015 Miami  - L 33-36 OT

2015 Illinois - L 13-14

2015 Minnesota - W 48-25

2016 Northwestern - W 24-13

4-4 over the last 15 years with mostly dominant wins and really competitive losses (three of which were by two of the worst Nebraska teams in history). idk how that shows we don't play well in them. The times we've lost in them, we didn't play well those entire seasons in our normal uniforms either.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Landlord said:

2007 Colorado - L 51-65

2014 Fresno - W 55-19

2014 USC - L 42-45

2015 Miami  - L 33-36 OT

2015 Illinois - L 13-14

2015 Minnesota - W 48-25

4-4 over the last 15 years with mostly dominant wins and really competitive losses (three of which were by two of the worst Nebraska teams in history). idk how that shows we don't play well in them. The times we've lost in them, we didn't play well those entire seasons in our normal uniforms either.

I've always been a fan of the all whites myself

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Landlord said:

2007 Colorado - L 51-65

2014 Fresno - W 55-19

2014 USC - L 42-45

2015 Miami  - L 33-36 OT

2015 Illinois - L 13-14

2015 Minnesota - W 48-25

You are younger, so I will give you a pass on not knowing the longer history of the surrender-whites.

1991 Citrus Bowl vs. Georgia Tech - gets smashed

1992 at Washington - loss

1992 at Missouri - very close win in Tommie Frazier's debut at starting QB.

1992 at Iowa State - I believe it was the only loss to a team with a losing record in Tom Osborne's career (next road game NU went to red pants)

2002 season (all white with the red gussets - NU's worst season in 30+ years

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You are younger, so I will give you a pass on not knowing the longer history of the surrender-whites.

1991 Citrus Bowl vs. Georgia Tech - gets smashed

1992 at Washington - loss

1992 at Missouri - very close win in Tommie Frazier's debut at starting QB.

1992 at Iowa State - I believe it was the only loss to a team with a losing record in Tom Osborne's career (next road game NU went to red pants)

2002 season (all white with the red gussets - NU's worst season in 30+ years

I know about all those games, but just can't bring myself to see any way that what happened in the early 90's matters or is relevant to what the players wear on Saturday. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
Just now, Landlord said:

I know about all those games, but just can't bring myself to see any way that what happened in the early 90's matters or is relevant to what the players wear on Saturday. 

You are right, nothing which happened 5 years or 25 years ago matters to what happens this Saturday.  However, NU fans have a strong opinion that the all-whites are bad luck.  You don't even need to believe in luck, but the all-whites have a negative connotation with long-time NU fans that we prefer the red-pants on the road.  I even think the all-whites look "cool", but I still don't want NU to wear them.

I think we should make this a no sit Saturday!! Teams needs to see our support right now. Someone else was saying if we win we are 5-3 and still have a couple pretty winnable games on the schedule.  This is a must win if we want to get to a bowl. If worse case scenario happens it wont be from lack of support. Let's rock this place and show the recruits what Nebraska is about 

1 minute ago, AZ_Husker said:

You get my point @Husker in WI.  Our storied program doesn't need to take another kick in the balls.  Why provide low hanging fruit??

Right, I do. I think Frost's answer was more accurate than the reporters calling it a quip realize. It's Indiana, Wisconsin, or Iowa and we have committed to wearing these this year. Which would you pick? Frankly should've been NIU, but I think they want to wear them against actual opponents.

• Fire 1