PreSeason Coaches' Poll

8 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I have high doubts that this will happen.

You have a returning stable of backs that got 125 yards vs Nebraska last year...leading rusher 49 yards....with one of our crappiest defenses in the past 10 years.  Let's say your backs get better this year with another year of experience...I'd say our defense will make a similar jump in getting better.  I don't see them gashing us a lot and if you have to focus on passing versus us, you're going to have a rough time against 2 of the top corners in the conference. 

Good luck, because you're definitely going to need it to pull of the win.

We didn't run on the Huggies last year because we fell behind early.  Instead we passed, and I think we scored 22 straight on Nebraska, but our defense was a train wreck.  Talented players with no idea what to do.  So we fired our DC, promoted a new DC, and played better defense while running poor Purdue, Wisconsin, and Georgia Tech into the ground.

But the proof of the pudding, as they say, is in the eating.  We will see what actually happens on the field.

2 hours ago, everybody knows my name said:

Do you understand how quotation marks work?

It's okay, we're coming off tough times.  We can now appreciate the milestone of being "ranked" 26th in a preseason poll.  I'm sure Minnysoda has had a lot of those milestones over the years.  Probably a lot of Outback level bowl trips to talk about too!

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Hope you stick around if yours is crow flavored.

16 minutes ago, everybody knows my name said:

I am always around.  If things go badly for the Gophers you can use my pride to light your cigars.  But if the Gophers beat Nebraska, look out.

He joined in 2012 - I think he'll be here after the game.

2 hours ago, everybody knows my name said:

We didn't run on the Huggies last year because we fell behind early.  Instead we passed, and I think we scored 22 straight on Nebraska, but our defense was a train wreck.  Talented players with no idea what to do.  So we fired our DC, promoted a new DC, and played better defense while running poor Purdue, Wisconsin, and Georgia Tech into the ground.

But the proof of the pudding, as they say, is in the eating.  We will see what actually happens on the field.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d437789706c354a6b

hehe

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

He's also been quite a chatterbox as of late. We will see how much that continues after our meeting through the rest of the season. 

2 hours ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

Seems like lately, a lot of MN fans are triggered and pretty salty.  Not sure what that’s about.  At least @everybody knows my name Is a (pretty) good sport, and I hear he is also a snappy dresser.

It's great! Bring on the chatter.  Is there a B1G board where we can all go chatter at each other?

Intentionally using the word chatter as that is the native language of the gopher. 

8 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Not too worried at all actually about preseason rankings or whatever.  Just gonna let it all unfold.  

Exactly right, we will have a continuous climb toward the top!