Guest picker for College Gameday

BoNeyard

8 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

And would be the opposite if she didn't 

I don't think it would be a negative if she didn't agree to it.  While I understand where Christian Gaylord is coming from, some people may think it's weird to wear something that was so close to Christian's father.  While she's a Husker fan, she's a complete stranger to almost all of the players, so asking her to do something so personal could be a bit much for her.

While Ms. Union is a "celebrity," she shouldn't be required to do everything asked of them.  

• Plus1 2

16 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't think it would be a negative if she didn't agree to it.  While I understand where Christian Gaylord is coming from, some people may think it's weird to wear something that was so close to Christian's father.  While she's a Husker fan, she's a complete stranger to almost all of the players, so asking her to do something so personal could be a bit much for her.

While Ms. Union is a "celebrity," she shouldn't be required to do everything asked of them.  

And, that's why I cringe when people make requests like this.

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I mean if she is a fan i think she could at least carry it on set and give him a shout out.  But i fully expect her to wear some form fitting jersey

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, that would be a good workaround, and I thought about that, as well.  Either way, she shouldn't be vilified for whatever decision she makes.

I wasnt trying to make her out to be a villian.  If it was just some dude off the street who said I lost my dad last yesr, here wear this jersey I would be like nah its cool if she doesnt.  Gaylord just lost his dad and he is a senior on the team so i think it would be good for her to do that.  

Just now, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I wasnt trying to make her out to be a villian.  If it was just some dude off the street who said I lost my dad last yesr, here wear this jersey I would be like nah its cool if she doesnt.  Gaylord just lost his dad and he is a senior on the team so i think it would be good for her to do that.  

Yes, it would be a great gesture, but how your post is worded, you make her out to be a villian if she doesn't.  Whether you feel that way or not, I am sure there are people who would feel that way, and those people are wrong.