Huskers in the 2020 NFL Draft

Mavric

Anyone know how they actually measure ''hands''?  I always thought it was the greatest distance between tip of thumb to tip of little finger.

But surprised to read Joe Burrow's only being 9''.

Also not seeing hand sizes for Running Backs.

I would think that would be important in predicting propensity to fumble or catch the football.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-combine-2020-tracker-measurements-results-of-the-best-individual-performances-from-indianapolis/

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/2020-nfl-combine-quarterback-measurements-quotes

Jake Fromm on his small hands

4 hours ago, HUSKER 37 said:

Anyone know how they actually measure ''hands''?  I always thought it was the greatest distance between tip of thumb to tip of little finger.

But surprised to read Joe Burrow's only being 9''.

Also not seeing hand sizes for Running Backs.

I would think that would be important in predicting propensity to fumble or catch the football.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-combine-2020-tracker-measurements-results-of-the-best-individual-performances-from-indianapolis/

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/2020-nfl-combine-quarterback-measurements-quotes

Jake Fromm on his small hands

Yeah, pretty sure it's thumb to little finger fully extended.

I've really only ever heard it discussed about QBs.  Probably because they're the only ones who are supposed to hold the ball in just one hand.  Everyone else should have it wrapped in an arm so the hand isn't as big of a deal.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, pretty sure it's thumb to little finger fully extended.

I've really only ever heard it discussed about QBs.  Probably because they're the only ones who are supposed to hold the ball in just one hand.  Everyone else should have it wrapped in an arm so the hand isn't as big of a deal.

I dunno...My 10'' mits helped me never drop a pass...In warmups anyway...Never understood why my coaches never let me play receiver in games (Ha).

I get your point, but anytime I see a RB with fumbling problems...I immediately think ''small hands''.

Surprised our guys at the combine this year seem to have ''smallish'' hands.

Burger King Tiny Hands GIF - BurgerKing TinyHands GIFs

25 minutes ago, HUSKER 37 said:

I dunno...My 10'' mits helped me never drop a pass...In warmups anyway...Never understood why my coaches never let me play receiver in games (Ha).

I get your point, but anytime I see a RB with fumbling problems...I immediately think ''small hands''.

Surprised our guys at the combine this year seem to have ''smallish'' hands.

Burger King Tiny Hands GIF - BurgerKing TinyHands GIFs

"Small Hands".........eh.......a quote of Dr. Tom explaining Mickey Joseph's issues.................

8 minutes ago, Comish said:

"Small Hands".........eh.......a quote of Dr. Tom explaining Mickey Joseph's issues.................

Seeing it mentioned online in other places now.

I guess Favre had pretty large hands, yet fumbled 166 times...

That new theory on biomechanics is sure to interest the Cincinnati Bengals, who are almost certainly going to select a quarterback with the No. 1 overall pick. But when Bengals coach Zac Taylor, who played quarterback at Nebraska, was asked about the role hand size would play in the team's selection, he reacted in a telling manner and one similar to the way nearly everyone else inside the NFL reacted when hand size was brought up: a helpless shrug followed by an embarrassed, apologetic laugh as if word had leaked that teams were using palm readers and psychics.

"Look, plenty of guys have had great seasons, great careers and Super Bowl seasons, and people would say they have small hands," Taylor says. "I have small hands, so I'm a little bit sensitive to it. I'm about a 9 flat, which is generally last when it comes to starting quarterbacks in the league." Here, Taylor holds out his hands in mock disgust and jokes, "It's probably why I'm not a starting quarterback in the NFL right now. You can look at this both ways: There are some great quarterbacks in the league that have 10½-inch hands, and there are some great quarterbacks who have 9s, just like myself, that are playing deep in the playoffs. There are always exceptions to everything."

11 minutes ago, lo country said:

I love that.  I hate that.  Makes me wonder how we have two guys that scored that high and we played so poorly.  LB play that bad?  Scheme?  WTH.  On the same note, that's gotta help NU and get us some attention.....

LB play that bad.  Frost commented more than once that the DL play was actually pretty good.  But our LBs couldn't make the plays.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1