Huskers in the 2020 NFL Draft

Mavric

Lamar is basically a safety playing corner that doesn’t wrap up or like tackling with average straight line speed and poor side to side mobility. He was a decent college corner that showed improvement but I’m not sure why anyone would think he is worthy of being drafted in the first 5 rounds. Maybe 7th as a project. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Decked said:

Lamar is basically a safety playing corner that doesn’t wrap up or like tackling with average straight line speed and poor side to side mobility. He was a decent college corner that showed improvement but I’m not sure why anyone would think he is worthy of being drafted in the first 5 rounds. Maybe 7th as a project. 

problem is after all the secondary coaches hes already had, why would an NFL team think they can teach how to run fast, read offenses, cover or even tackle better.  Hasnt lesrned by now so what would change besides a little money?  

Just now, 84HuskerLaw said:

problem is after all the secondary coaches hes already had, why would an NFL team think they can teach how to run fast, read offenses, cover or even tackle better.  Hasnt lesrned by now so what would change besides a little money?  

You're seeming to say 3 coaches teaching 3 different schemes in 4 years is good for a player trying to figure things out. That's not the ideal situation. 

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Just goes to show that the level of recruits we are getting just aren't good enough, and development of our players isn't up to par. LSU had 10 guys selected in the first 3 rounds; Bama and Ohio State had nearly as many. Can't compete with the big boys until we can somehow land that level of talent. Finishing #20-25 each year in recruiting will equate to a #20-25 finish in the polls.

Our problem is that we take that 20-25th ranked recruiting and fail miserably at developing it and don't play much like a top 25 team. 

I don't know what the solutions are. Frost and Co. hasn't really developed their own recruits so far. Amart has been inconsistent, we've cycled through JUCO running backs, there has been no improvement on defense. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Dr. Strangelove said:

Our problem is that we take that 20-25th ranked recruiting and fail miserably at developing it and don't play much like a top 25 team. 

I don't know what the solutions are. Frost and Co. hasn't really developed their own recruits so far. Amart has been inconsistent, we've cycled through JUCO running backs, there has been no improvement on defense. 

I think it’s still too early to tell if Frost and staff aren’t good at developing their own talent, especially considering the number of players who have redshirted.  The last 3 drafts that there has been a severe lack of talent at Nebraska and what Frost inherited vs. the rest of the Big Ten. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

I still see Darrion is worth a 7th round pick. High hopes for him actually. May surprise somebody in training camp. 

This is how devoid of talent this place was when Frost got here. It’s getting better..everyone was just redshirted for his first real class. 

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I am with you on this.  Our recruit rankings to not correlate to our dismal record or our lack of kids drafted in the NFL.  Hell, Lenoir Rhyne had a kid drafted before NU....With the recruit classes we have, we should be much better on the field and have more talent getting into the NFL IMHO.  

Our recruiting success has yet to translate on the field.  MAYBE it is that Frost is playing the long game....Maybe it is a culture issue (yes IMHO, he owns some of that), an inexperienced staff learning on the fly in a unforgiving conference, too many upper class men on their 15th DC, 9th position coach, position changes etc....

The only thing I know for sure, is I am ready for some football.  

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Carlos to Pittsburgh

Think how much better their careers and frankly the defense would have been with those two + Darrion/Damion/Thomas at DT in a 4-3 and Stille/Davis at DE. Having more linebackers was honestly a liability rather than a strength this year. I believe Barry would probably be better suited as a 4-3 MLB as well. 

(Crazy how these guys recruited for a 4-3 would have been better I know :lol: