Mr. 800k #Cashin’ Checks

7 minutes ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Purdue has no running game and Rondale Moore might return from injury. Chinander BETTER switch to nickel and dime defense from time to time because our mlb’s were killed trying to cover the slot.

I wouldn’t hold your breathe on that one. He should have done it at some point against Indiana. He had two weeks to prepare for a passing team. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 2

On 10/29/2019 at 2:27 AM, The Dude said:

I wonder if the reason Frost doesn't even let Chinander hold post-game interviews is because he doesn't even really run the defense.  Maybe Frost is a Belichick-type coach who handles all of it (offense and defense).  It's clear Walters just gets coffee (and honestly doesn't seem to do much WR developing).   Maybe Chinander has about as much actual responsibility as Walters.

Or maybe we just don't interview anyone but Frost after the game and the coaches have no say in what happens. I'd say that is far more likely

48 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

If you listen to Scott’s presser yesterday, Chin isn’t going anywhere.  Scott believes Eric is the guy. He even spoke of him as the same focal tier - Scott manages the O and Chin the D. Scott’s loyalty in this regard was a concern. 

Like it or not, he’s riding that ship. 

:(

So you'd say Frost has more loyalty to Chinander than to the success of Nebraska football?

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

So you'd say Frost has more loyalty to Chinander than to the success of Nebraska football?

Any comment is conjecture. Facts tell me he believes in Chinander, he said he’s the man and is paralleled on a Defensive tier and Scott is on O...and has been outclassed in multiple leagues by a variety of offenses. 

Additionally Scott does not openly put blame on bad schemes or deficient Staff. It’s a Riley’s guys buy in problem. Okay...

Until I see Scott make a move, I believe what I hear. Chin isn’t budging. Sadly. 

25 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Any comment is conjecture. Facts tell me he believes in Chinander, he said he’s the man and is paralleled on a Defensive tier and Scott is on O...and has been outclassed in multiple leagues by a variety of offenses. 

Additionally Scott does not openly put blame on bad schemes or deficient Staff. It’s a Riley’s guys buy in problem. Okay...

Until I see Scott make a move, I believe what I hear. Chin isn’t budging. Sadly. 

And that says what about Frost?

3 hours ago, Jarhead In Red said:

No way. I think Frost would just as soon cut off his left nut than see NU remain the whipping boy of the Big10. :)

1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

I agree with the sentiment that Scott wants more than anything to win this conference regularly.

I also do not see changes to the coaching staff coming in the next 3-5 years besides guys leaving for other jobs on their own.  I think Frost believes in all of these guys and that he and Moos have an understanding.  

Continuity for a whole 4-5 year run class of kids is going to be important to success.  All of you that think changing coaches and schemes every two years is a brilliant idea need look no further than the rearview mirror.

• Plus1 3

Nobody’s going anywhere and at this point they shouldn’t. I get that this is a message board and this makes for fun talking between games, but let’s enjoy the process of watching the coaches figure this out. I believe they will. 

Oh and if you know of anyone putting signs in yards or any other shenanigans towards the staff, do us all a favor and give em a good kick in the nuts. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, TheSker said:

People have blindspots, and being Frost's best friend makes Chin one. As I mentioned in another thread first-ballot HOFer Bobby Bowden promoted his son Jeff to OC, dude was obviously in over his head, but he kept that job for several years. Buddy and nepotism hires always make me nervous. It's a crapshoot whether they work-out and if they don't you can be stuck with them for too long. Not a coincidence that the only quality DC hire we've made since McBride was a guy that had no prior ties to the HC. Bo was an up-and-comer with the Packers that Monte Kiffin recommended.

• Plus1 1

I thought I would check the UCF rivals board and they have a current thread about Nebraska. It was interesting to read, only 3 pages worth. A popular sentiment seems to be Chinander will restrict how high we climb. So their fan base was unhappy as well and they were undefeated. 

One funny comment they had that made me laugh because we saw it last week was they were talking about Chinander ability to give up 3rd and long. They called 3rd and long . 3rd and Chinander 

pretty sad if your known for blowing 3rd and long 

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I thought I would check the UCF rivals board and they have a current thread about Nebraska. It was interesting to read, only 3 pages worth. A popular sentiment seems to be Chinander will restrict how high we climb. So their fan base was unhappy as well and they were undefeated. 

One funny comment they had that made me laugh because we saw it last week was they were talking about Chinander ability to give up 3rd and long. They called 3rd and long . 3rd and Chinander 

pretty sad if your known for blowing 3rd and long 

Negativity never gets old huh?

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, TheSker said:

Negativity never gets old huh?

Its actually very interesting to see that the last school has pretty much the same sentiment about Chinander that a lot of Husker fans seem to have. Supporting that the Husker fans who are skeptical about Chinander are not alone. If you wish to leave your head in the sand and hope that Chinander will grow into a great DC. Go ahead.

• Plus1 1