Year 2 Regression Under Frost

3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Well Frosts transition class ranked as high as any of Rileys and his class last year ranked higher than any of Rileys so that's good. 

Last year's was really good. The transition class loses some shine with the early departures and non-arrivals, much like some of Riley's classes.

I like the pieces on board for next year, I'm just hoping they don't finish with a thud.

Just now, HS_Coach_C said:

Last year's was really good. The transition class loses some shine with the early departures and non-arrivals, much like some of Riley's classes.

I like the pieces on board for next year, I'm just hoping they don't finish with a thud.

We have had much better fortune with closing under Frost in my opinion. I think we end up fringe top 20 this year. 

1 hour ago, Nebhawk said:

Klieman has won in a playoff setting, not on votes.  I watch some of KSU along with other Big 12 games, and this K-St team has no more talent than they have had the last two plus years and beat OU, and now is winning their 8th game in fairly tough conference.  

Baffles me that we can't find that guy to transform our players into players that would run thru a brick wall for them, even though they didn't recruit most of them............Why?

Ya, KSU is finding ways to win and we're still blaming Riley. I do buy that Frost inherited personnel and culture issues but come-on. Kleiman can win in year one in year one with what he had to work with and we can't do it in year 2? 

21 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Ya, KSU is finding ways to win and we're still blaming Riley. I do buy that Frost inherited personnel and culture issues but come-on. Kleiman can win in year one in year one with what he had to work with and we can't do it in year 2? 

From the outside looking in, do you really know what either one had to work with?

Created another thread on this from a recent artcile, but will post it here.  Not a lot of definitive proof of improvement except for going 5-7 vs 4-8.......

From 2018 to 2019, NU gained fewer first downs, ran for fewer yards, threw for fewer yards, gained fewer yards per rush, gained fewer total yards, scored fewer touchdowns, scored fewer total points, made fewer field goals, gave up touchdowns more often in the red zone, scored less in the red zone, gave up more kickoff return yards and touchdowns and broke up fewer passes.

Some of that change was drastic, like the 17.8-percentage point decrease in field goal percentage or the 14-percentage point decrease in red zone scores or the 11 fewer pass breakups.

Other stats were almost identical....No where to go but up I guess....

Article here:

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/football/huskers-left-with-more-questions-after-season-but-scott-frost/article_6076cc57-44d6-5023-b97c-87c9bde1ed9c.amp.html

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Eh you add Wren, Dennis, Fleming, and Manning and we slide into 19th currently with only 19 commits. 

That would actually be 20th according to 247 if no one else added anyone.

Assume Wren, Dennis, Fleming, Manning, Coates, Hyppolite, Francois, and Johnson all wanted in. That's probably best care scenario and that would put us currently at 17th with several teams right behind looking to take at least 3-4 more recruits.

3 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

That would actually be 20th according to 247 if no one else added anyone.

Assume Wren, Dennis, Fleming, Manning, Coates, Hyppolite, Francois, and Johnson all wanted in. That's probably best care scenario and that would put us currently at 17th with several teams right behind looking to take at least 3-4 more recruits.

Which is why I expect a fringe top 20 class. I also think we will have a few surprises in terms of visits etc. This staff is good at this in my opinion.