What if we beat Wisconsin?

11 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Explain.

Almost every game this season the defense has given the offense a chance to drive up the lead and our offense botches it almost every time. That is how our staff wants to win and how they went 13-0 at UCF.

Realistically I can't expect the offense to perform like this forever. It is an outlier in Frosts resume and there have been several factors holding it back that should get worked out over time. Cams snaps were killing us to start the season, that slowly got better now he is one of our best offensive players. Our issues now are a QB in his head which will work out into either a new QB next season or Martinez figuring it out. The other major issue imo is unathletic O lineman which we addressed in last years recruiting cycle. The offense will be prolific at some point I have no doubt about that.

On defense we are better than last year despite a worse offense. What more do you want? We are limited at LB and DB, we barely have any players we can trust out there. No depth whatsoever. Once we fill the defense with Ty Robinson, Nick Henrick, Cam Taylor Britt, Noa Pola Gates talent I can imagine being very solid on D compared to where we are now, which again is better than last year despite limited personel.

• Plus1 5
On 11/2/2019 at 6:54 PM, GamingGlen said:

Enough with the negative waves, I'm turning that other post on its head and going positive here.

Come one, laugh with me at ourselves.  It will hurt, but it might feel good, too.  (or drink more first). :D  

We will beat them, in Volleyball (maybe)!  ;) 

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Almost every game this season the defense has given the offense a chance to drive up the lead and our offense botches it almost every time. That is how our staff wants to win and how they went 13-0 at UCF.

Realistically I can't expect the offense to perform like this forever. It is an outlier in Frosts resume and there have been several factors holding it back that should get worked out over time. Cams snaps were killing us to start the season, that slowly got better now he is one of our best offensive players. Our issues now are a QB in his head which will work out into either a new QB next season or Martinez figuring it out. The other major issue imo is unathletic O lineman which we addressed in last years recruiting cycle. The offense will be prolific at some point I have no doubt about that.

On defense we are better than last year despite a worse offense. What more do you want? We are limited at LB and DB, we barely have any players we can trust out there. No depth whatsoever. Once we fill the defense with Ty Robinson, Nick Henrick, Cam Taylor Britt, Noa Pola Gates talent I can imagine being very solid on D compared to where we are now, which again is better than last year despite limited personel.

Almost succeeded is an excuse. Your right the offense has not gotten it done. The defense has not gotten it done either. All the Chinander apologists say "oh well the defense did enough for us to win against Purdue". NO they didnt. We lost 31-27. 27 points should beat a pathetic offensive team like purdue. Not just that but the offense took the lead in the 4th quarter and handed it off to Chinander and said ok. Please go stop this pathetic purdue team without their best offensive player in Rondale Moore and oh you only have to stop a 3rd string walk on QB. BUT our sad defense went out and let him go 6 for 6 and look like a Heisman QB. 

Also I disagree our defense is better this year. Scoring points per game at this point in the season yes. BUT the season is not over. I bet we end up worse after Wisconsin and Iowa both throw down 50 each on us.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Almost succeeded is an excuse. Your right the offense has not gotten it done. The defense has not gotten it done either. All the Chinander apologists say "oh well the defense did enough for us to win against Purdue". NO they didnt. We lost 31-27. 27 points should beat a pathetic offensive team like purdue. Not just that but the offense took the lead in the 4th quarter and handed it off to Chinander and said ok. Please go stop this pathetic purdue team without their best offensive player in Rondale Moore and oh you only have to stop a 3rd string walk on QB. BUT our sad defense went out and let him go 6 for 6 and look like a Heisman QB. 

Also I disagree our defense is better this year. Scoring points per game at this point in the season yes. BUT the season is not over. I bet we end up worse after Wisconsin and Iowa both throw down 50 each on us.

Sorry buddy but the defense did what Scott Frost wants them to do to win the game. You can like it or not but if we are putting our defense on the field to win us the game in the 4th quarter our offense has failed. That is the way our scheme works. Defense is better in every category not just points allowed. Yes they are better than last year.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Sorry buddy but the defense did what Scott Frost wants them to do to win the game. You can like it or not but if we are putting our defense on the field to win us the game in the 4th quarter our offense has failed. That is the way our scheme works. Defense is better in every category not just points allowed. Yes they are better than last year.

Yeah its easy to cherry pick stats and compare this year to last year. Except we havnt played what are probably the 2 best teams on our schedule outside of Ohio State. So I bet the stats change a lot the next 3 weeks. 

So your saying Frost is happy with his defense? He is happy knowing we have a lead in the 4th and we cant stop a 3rd string walk on qb for purdue. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Yeah its easy to cherry pick stats and compare this year to last year. Except we havnt played what are probably the 2 best teams on our schedule outside of Ohio State. So I bet the stats change a lot the next 3 weeks. 

So your saying Frost is happy with his defense? He is happy knowing we have a lead in the 4th and we cant stop a 3rd string walk on qb for purdue. 

When we are better in every category, that is the exact opposite of cherry picking stats.

The defense needs to get better still but yea I guarentee you Frost would say the defemse gave them every opportunity to win the game. In fact I'm pretty sure thats what he actually said.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

When we are better in every category, that is the exact opposite of cherry picking stats.

The defense needs to get better still but yea I guarentee you Frost would say the defemse gave them every opportunity to win the game. In fact I'm pretty sure thats what he actually said.

Thats what I would say to show support to my fellow assistants in public also, especially if I knew they were taking heat from the fan base and media. Doesnt mean he actually is happy about it. The offense also gave them every opportunity to win the game. Didnt we have 2 leads in the 4th and couldnt close the deal.

We are not going to just outscore other good teams. Oregon could never outscore other great teams. UCF never played any great teams to prove they could.

It is such a bad idea to say oh we will score 45 a game so we can allow 35. Until you play a team of equal talent and now you only score 20-25. Then what? 

• Plus1 1