Drones

13 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

IDK man, if it's not our military operating them and they can't figure out who is, that would be a much more epic failure imo.

I don't have a more plausible theory and one in my head has always been something militarily related.

However, the epic failure is that the military is supposed to be here to make us be/feel safer.  This has done just the opposite. It's a failure from a PR standpoint.  They could easily come out and simply say they are testing some new systems but can't divulge anything else.

52 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't have a more plausible theory and one in my head has always been something militarily related.

However, the epic failure is that the military is supposed to be here to make us be/feel safer.  This has done just the opposite. It's a failure from a PR standpoint.  They could easily come out and simply say they are testing some new systems but can't divulge anything else.

I agree, in theory, but we know that’s not necessarily how they operate. We should be used to them treating us like mushrooms :lol:

The concerning thing is if it isn’t them and they really don’t know what’s going on. So I’m going to keep believing it’s them until we find out otherwise.

13 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Why not come forward and ease the tension? They wouldn't even really have to say what they were doing other than testing new technology. 

If a company thinks they could get the jump on their competition, then they most likely wouldn't come forward.

The fact that they're flying grids suggests strongly that they're mapping the ground. The grid pattern makes a drone detection scenario unlikely to me.

A darker thought is that the military lost something, like radioactive material, and is searching for it. Then they definitely would lie about it at least until they found what they were looking for.

• Plus1 2

It's the government.

A Colorado sheriff on Wednesday rescinded his call for people to be on the lookout for a “command vehicle” that may be operating mysterious groups of drones spotted in recent weeks over northeastern Colorado and western Nebraska.

That request for public assistance “is no longer pertinent or relevant,” the Phillips County Sheriff’s Office said on Facebook.

However, a person who was at Monday’s closed-door meeting between law enforcement and government officials attended by Sheriff Thomas Elliott said authorities were never looking for such a vehicle.

Nobody has claimed responsibility for the mysterious nighttime flights of groups of six to 10 drones in grid-like patterns since December, which prompted the Monday meeting in northeastern Colorado.

The sheriff’s original statement said a task force had been organized to investigate the flights, and it was asking for the public’s assistance in finding the command vehicle operating the drones.

The statement said the vehicle could be a closed-box trailer with antennas or a large van that seems out of place.

On Wednesday, another person who attended that meeting said no such call for public assistance was discussed .

“The working group was never looking for a command vehicle as described in the recent social media post,” said the official, who requested anonymity because the person did not want to publicly contradict the sheriff’s statement.

Wednesday’s updated Facebook post did not explain why the information provided previously about the command vehicle was no longer relevant.

Saw another article the other day saying they were flying at night because they're using infrared. Which makes sense. Just don't know what they're looking at/for.

16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's the government.

Saw another article the other day saying they were flying at night because they're using infrared. Which makes sense. Just don't know what they're looking at/for.

And, why won’t they come out and explain their activity?

Why aren’t our elected officials informed of their activity?

Why isn’t law enforcement informed of their activity?

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

As someone who has used certain types of infrared technology pretty extensively I can tell you that infrared imaging does not exclusively need to be used at night.  It might work better at night in some applications but at this time of year in Nebraska and Colorado it most likely does not matter.  Flying at night is most likely used for a more clandestine purpose which has obviously failed.  But yeah, most likely government.  Agencies/departments really don't talk to each other as much as they should. 

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, krc1995 said:

We killed that Iran dude with a drone. The two mostly likely have nothing to do with each other, but creepy timing. 

If we start seeing MQ-9's flying around Nebraska with Hellfire missiles then I would definitely be more concerned than I am right now.