The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

I have a hard time trusting a potential vaccine. I fear it will have been pushed through without proper vetting and with political motives.

Honestly, I'm more afraid of the vaccine than the virus. I've been saying for months that I'd welcome a positive test so that I could get two weeks off work.

(I do still wear a mask at all times in public and for 6+ hours a day at work).

• Plus1 2

20 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Was she actually talking about Covid 19?

I hate these short clips. So easy to accuse people of being idiots...I’m hoping there was more to her quote after it cut.

if not, it would be terrifying to know there are people like that in our govt!

She's actually talking about H1N1. But her logic there doesn't jibe either, since a viable vaccine was made available in the US in October of 2009, less than 6 months after the first case.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-pandemic-timeline.html

24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This Bob Woodward book is going to have plenty of good information to digest over the years, but holding onto this information is just unconscionable. 

History will not look back kindly on Woodward for this.

i remember when the locale magas here on the board were saying this was less deadly then the flu and saying how bad it was that people were shutting down with only xx number of deaths so far...far fewer then the flu kills every year.   and here we are at 200,000 dead now and 1,000 more die every day and they are still downplaying this virus.

• Plus1 3

7 minutes ago, commando said:

i remember when the locale magas here on the board were saying this was less deadly then the flu and saying how bad it was that people were shutting down with only xx number of deaths so far...far fewer then the flu kills every year.   and here we are at 200,000 dead now and 1,000 more die every day and they are still downplaying this virus.

Unconscionable  how many people still don't take it seriously.  We've truly seen the 100% pure stupidity in this country showing itself regarding Covid-19 among other things this year.  Of course it doesn't help at all when you have a so called President that obviously doesn't care at all about American's lives being lost and ruined instead choosing to 'downplay' it.  

• Plus1 3

the longer we listen to politicians instead of experts for medical advice the worse off we will be.   trump had his followers defying the experts and we have 200k dead because of it.   i wish there was some way to go back and start over but this time we don't have trump "not causing panic" and we listen to the experts instead of the trumpers.   i would bet it would turn out a lot better.   

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, QMany said:

Remember when the Soviet Union downplayed Chernobyl and less than 100 died?

I guess maybe if you are in your mid 50's??  But most of us were kids at that time and new coverage was nothing like it is today.  My guess is they lied about it like crazy, especially to the people that lived in the area.

But seeing a bunch of dudes in hazmat gear with hold weird machines that were making a ton of noise would have tipped me off!