The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

I know everyone is dunking on TX online, but Nebraska has been essentially 100% open for about month now. Local municipalities have kept mask ordinances, but indoor activities are allowed to be at 100% capacity since the beginning of February. We haven't seen a spike yet which could mean a number of things, probably need another week or two to see if things trend back up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Omaha-Husker said:

I know everyone is dunking on TX online, but Nebraska has been essentially 100% open for about month now. Local municipalities have kept mask ordinances, but indoor activities are allowed to be at 100% capacity since the beginning of February. We haven't seen a spike yet which could mean a number of things, probably need another week or two to see if things trend back up.

The vaccine rollout is going to muddy the data on opening and mask mandates.  Infection rates may go down but is that rate lessened by lifting restrictions and mask mandates?  I'd be inclined to think the reductions in cases would be greater if at least the mask mandates stayed in place.  The science is clear on that.  Cases in Nebraska look to be flattening.  It's too early to tell yet.

So basically Texas has decided to make it's populace Guinea pigs with a deadly virus.  They're taking a political gamble. Why take the gamble now? Just hold your water for a few months. Frontline workers who aren't eligible for the vaccine yet have to be feeling sold out about now especially with new variants floating about.

Long story short...it's f#&%ing stupid.  Pro life except for this, that and the other.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I sort of want a new smoker, even though I don't need one.

But more than likely, I will just save it.

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

YOLO on Tesla Options. 

Would you guys be willing to pool it together and buy a bar?!