The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

18 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I still don't understand what the End Game is...how does it benefit anyone (politically) to have people getting infected again and/or the small possibility of dying?

Read the statement from Donald Trump in the Censorship thread.  

Two really big dots that are right next to each other.  Wouldn’t take much ink to connect them.

3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Read the statement from Donald Trump in the Censorship thread.  

Two really big dots that are right next to each other.  Wouldn’t take much ink to connect them.

I already read it, and still don't understand how Trump supporters getting sick, and maybe hospitalized or die, because they DIDN"T get the vaccine helps anyone politically. And, any of them that do die become one less vote for Trump. 

Maybe you could just spell it out for me. 

10 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I already read it, and still don't understand how Trump supporters getting sick, and maybe hospitalized or die, because they DIDN"T get the vaccine helps anyone politically. And, any of them that do die become one less vote for Trump. 

Maybe you could just spell it out for me. 

They don’t want Biden admin to be successful.  Normally we’d be talking about rising taxes or gas prices.  instead they are using the failure to reach a goal as evidence of poor leadership.

Not enough people are going to die to sway the next election.  That’s a bit over dramatic.  But having a pretty big “talking point” could sway enough voters.  

But if only a few Americans die because these folks need political points, I’d hope we all agree that it’s a few Americans too many.

This should be a “all hands on deck” effort, but sadly Trump doesn’t want to help if he can’t get all the credit.  And his loyalists are happy to put forth gross efforts to make him look better in any way possible.  

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, funhusker said:

They don’t want Biden admin to be successful.  Normally we’d be talking about rising taxes or gas prices.  instead they are using the failure to reach a goal as evidence of poor leadership.

Thanks.

They are talking about taxes and gas prices. That is ad hominem. The bold seems a stretch to me as a successful strategy, for the reasons I listed previously, but who knows with the staunch Trump backers...

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Thanks.

They are talking about taxes and gas prices. That is ad hominem. The bold seems a stretch to me as a successful strategy, for the reasons I listed previously, but who knows with the staunch Trump backers...

Seems like a stretch?!?!

Trump literally released a statement about it.  A statement you said you read?

I never claimed it would be successful.  But I also thought America would reluctantly elect Hillary in a 80-20 landslide considering her opponent. It took 2016 for me to realize most Americans would rather see the other party fail than America succeed.

• Plus1 3

54 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I still don't understand what the End Game is...how does it benefit anyone (politically) to have people getting infected again and/or the small possibility of dying?

51 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya, me neither.  

The absolute best thing for Trump's 2024 hopes is if Biden fails with vaccinations and we have to shut down the economy again.

His worshipers don't have the ability to realize it's their own side that preached no vaccines.

10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Seems like a stretch?!?!

Trump literally released a statement about it.  A statement you said you read?

I never claimed it would be successful.  But I also thought America would reluctantly elect Hillary in a 80-20 landslide considering her opponent. It took 2016 for me to realize most Americans would rather see the other party fail than America succeed.

I believe you misunderstood (based on your reaction) I mean I think it is a huge stretch as a viable plan of action, not in the intention of Trump or his band.

...and I thanked you for pointing that out. 

18 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

The bold seems a stretch to me as a successful strategy, for the reasons I listed previously, but who knows with the staunch Trump backers...

Why would these two actions be happening:

Fox News and other Republican talking heads are preaching to not get the vaccine.

Trump criticizes Biden administration for not being successful at getting people vaccinated.

Thoughts?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

I believe you misunderstood (based on your reaction) I mean I think it is a huge stretch as a viable plan of action, not in the intention of Trump or his band.

...and I thanked you for pointing that out. 

Sorry if I seemed to overreact.  I think I read it a little too quickly.

But I do think it’s important to call out the BS even if we think it will be unsuccessful in the eyes of rational people.  I’m starting to believe the American electorate is anything but rational. :thumbs

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why would these two actions be happening:

Fox News and other Republican talking heads are preaching to not get the vaccine.

Trump criticizes Biden administration for not being successful at getting people vaccinated.

Thoughts?

I may have explained in my replies to @funhusker

But, I will add that "Biden couldn't reach his goal of 70%" seems thin, at best, as a re-election strategy. Especially when other conservatives that are not on the Trump wagon can see that it was a narrative pushed by Fox et al. 

26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The absolute best thing for Trump's 2024 hopes is if Biden fails with vaccinations and we have to shut down the economy again.

His worshipers don't have the ability to realize it's their own side that preached no vaccines.

Kamala and Joe told me not to get the shot during the election. They said it couldnt be trusted. Now it is the safest thing in the world since they won. The issue here is both sides from the get go should have had a unified message around getting vaccinated. Put country above politics and it didnt happen so now here we are. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
28 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Kamala and Joe told me not to get the shot during the election. They said it couldnt be trusted. Now it is the safest thing in the world since they won. The issue here is both sides from the get go should have had a unified message around getting vaccinated. Put country above politics and it didnt happen so now here we are. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

She said she wouldnt get a vaccine that Trump told her to take. So I guess she only meant one that he made in his basement and delivered to her. How does she think vaccines get approved for public use? The president? No she knew exactly what she was saying. I watched the interviews I watched the debates etc. It was blatantly obvious they were doing everything they could to discredit the vaccines to take points away from Trump. We really cant all agree with that? Really? 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
54 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I may have explained in my replies to @funhusker

But, I will add that "Biden couldn't reach his goal of 70%" seems thin, at best, as a re-election strategy. Especially when other conservatives that are not on the Trump wagon can see that it was a narrative pushed by Fox et al. 

I agree that's not a poor strategy for re-election, but I some of it might be more "pass the buck" to try deflecting from what's happening in low vaccination states.