The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

The Governor coming out swinging here:

Sadly, even if we do everything necessary here in Nebraska, I don't know if that's going to be enough. Other areas of the country may be so hard-hit that there's no possibility of sports this Fall. 

I've seen some talk of possibly playing Fall sports next Spring.  That would be possible, I guess, and better than nothing. But it would be a logistical nightmare. 

And it would be tough on bodies to have even a truncated football season in Spring, 2021, then turn around and have another full season in four/five months.

I listened to some of this today.  And, there are times I think he does a great job and others not so much....and that can be in the same moment.

I appreciate his preaching about social distancing.  But.....at the same time, he could put in a Stay at Home order like 45 other states and it would help him accomplish that.  He kept saying, businesses can stay open and it's just about staying less than 10 people.  He's really trying and has good intentions.  But...he's still not getting it.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

We still have crazy Americans that don't believe this!

I have yet to meet a single person who trusts China. There was a brief moment where we might have celebrated the relative success of the Wuhan quarantine, but it's ridiculous to think the numbers stopped there. I just think that when COVID hit the Western world — Europe and the U.S. — we stopped thinking about China altogether. 

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I respect people who can admit publicly they made a mistake especially when that mistake was thinking they were doing the right thing. 

Yep, pretty much what I was saying as it went on.  It was, at best, careless.  

2 hours ago, QMany said:

Will this wake Ricketts up?

While the Trump Administration itself drags its feet, these kind of Dr. Fauci announcements are what prompted the initial shutdowns on gatherings.

It certainly isn't waking our Governor up here in Iowa, she seems clueless when I watch her press conferences. :facepalm:

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Unbelievable.

I've never served in the military, so I'm probably missing something.

But his sailors obviously had great respect.  What did Capt. Crozier do that got him this?  Did he step outside chain of command, or what?