The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Do you trust trump's 'instincts' as to when the economy should be reopened. :dunno........

I don't either.  

Remember this is the same guy who has all of his smart intelligence guys, intelligent military guys and yet he is smarter than them all.  Obviously he didn't listen to the warnings in January because he knew better. Now we are to trust him to rely on his instincts. Translation: if his reelection and his business affairs are suffering, then his instincts will tell him to reopen the economy - regardless of what the smart guys in the room say. 

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/12/21218336/coronavirus-trump-economy-reopen-social-distancing-end-soon

President Donald Trump and two of his top public health advisers have taken different stances on the issue of when — and how — the decision to ease social distancing will be made.

Trump has advocated for aggressive goals in recent days, and said Saturday on Fox News that he plans to base his decision on when to adjust federal social distancing guidelines and ask businesses to reopen “on a lot of facts and a lot of instincts.”

But two of his health advisers, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Dr. Anthony Fauci and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) commissioner Dr. Stephen Hahn, argued for a decision based only on the former Sunday. In separate appearances on CNN’s State of the Union and ABC’s Meet the Press, both officials emphasized that their recommendations would be based solely on constantly-changing data, hesitated to make firm or sweeping predictions, and challenged the notion that there is a single, set time when the entire country will be “ready” to resume life as it once was.

“It is not going to be a light switch that we say, ‘Okay it’s now June, July whatever’ — click, the light switch goes back on,” Fauci said on CNN. “It’s going to be depending where you are in the country, the nature of the outbreak that you already experienced, and the threat of an outbreak that you may not have experienced.”

Trump has made it clear that he would like to see relaxed social distancing and businesses reopened soon as possible. Less than three weeks ago, he said he hoped to have the economy “opened up and raring to go by Easter,” a goal that both health officials and economists warned would backfire, because it would accelerate the spread of coronavirus and likely lead to the rapid reshuttering of the economy. Recent reports suggest the president now hopes to begin a return to normality by May 1, and there is growing pressure from some of his non-scientific advisers — as well as some Fox News personalities — to do so.

On Fox News’s Justice with Judge Jeanine Saturday, Trump twice emphasized that conditions would allow the economy to begin returning to normal “soon,” and when asked how he will decide when is the right time to advise businesses to reopen, the president gave a less measured answer than Fauci.

“I will be basing it on a lot of very smart people, a lot of professionals, doctors, and business leaders,” he said. “There are a lot of things that go into a decision like that. And it’s going to be based on a lot of facts and a lot of instincts also. Whether we like it or not, there is a certain instinct to it. But we have to get our country back.”

Newsom, Cuomo, DeWine have big approval increases on the handling of the crisis.  My governor, Stitt, also is up. He's done a good job communicating and taking action.   DeSantis, the keep the beaches open Florida governor & good trump friend, not so much.

EVUpQJiXQAEUtAt?format=jpg&name=medium

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

This reads like a two-year-old stomping in anger because he didn't get his treat.

What a load of horse s#!t.

This entire time, he has passed the responsibility on to the Governors as to what to do in their states.  NOW...when people start actually claiming the decision is on the Governors, he throws a fit because he has his ego hurt.

Please don't vote for this idiot again.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Might be someone interesting to follow on Twitter.

Good post and exactly why we aren’t near ready to “open up “.  I think Gov Ricketts realizes this and will do the best for our state, despite what the orange crybaby in the White House says. 

Article about Trump's tweet storm on Easter of all times. 

However the first post below the article sums up trump's lack of focus and accountability is this.  It is copied below and

hits the mark - Trump is incompetent and should be removed from the office. 

Notice the dufus braggadocios remark in bold below.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/donald-trump-fire-fauci-twitter-033238486.html

As far back as late November, U.S. intelligence officials were warning that a contagion was sweeping through China’s Wuhan region, changing the patterns of life and business and posing a threat to the population, according to four sources briefed on the secret reporting.
Concerns about what is now known to be the novel coronavirus pandemic were detailed in a November intelligence report by the military's National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI), according to two officials familiar with the document’s contents.
The report was the result of analysis of wire and computer intercepts, coupled with satellite images. It raised alarms because an out-of-control disease would pose a serious threat to U.S. forces in Asia -- forces that depend on the NCMI’s work. And it paints a picture of an American government that could have ramped up mitigation and containment efforts far earlier to prepare for a crisis poised to come home.
"Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," one of the sources said of the NCMI’s report. "It was then briefed multiple times to" the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon’s Joint Staff and the White House.
JUST SO WE ARE CLEAR ON THE TIMELINE:
Dec 18th - House Impeaches Trump
Jan 8th - First CDC warning
Jan 9th - Trump campaign rally Jan 14th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 16h - House sends impeachment articles to Senate
Jan 18th - Trump golfs Jan 19th - Trump golfs
Jan 20th - first case of corona virus in the US, Washington State.
Jan 22nd - “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
Jan 28th - Trump campaign rally Jan 30th - Trump campaign rally Feb 1st - Trump golfs
Feb 2nd - “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."
Feb 5th - Senate votes to acquit. Then takes a five-day weekend.
Feb 10th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 12th - Dow Jones closes at an all time high of 29,551.42
Feb 15h - Trump golfs Feb 19th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 20th - Trump campaign rally Feb 21st - Trump campaign rally
Feb 24th - “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
Feb 25h - “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
Feb 25h - “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
Feb 26th - “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
Feb 26th - “We're going very substantially down, not up.” Also "This is a flu. This is like a flu"; "Now, you treat this like a flu"; "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."
February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
Feb 28th - “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
Feb 28th - Trump campaign rally
March 2nd - “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
March 2nd - “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
March 5th - “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”
March 5th - “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
March 6th - “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
March 6th - “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
March 6th - “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
March 6th - “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
March 7th - Trump golfs March 8th - Trump golfs
March 8th - “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
March 9th - “This blindsided the world.”
March 13th - [DECLARED NATIONAL EMERGENCY]
March 17th - “This is a pandemic,” Mr. Trump told reporters. “I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Article about Trump's tweet storm on Easter of all times. 

However the first post below the article sums up trump's lack of focus and accountability is this.  It is copied below and

hits the mark - Trump is incompetent and should be removed from the office. 

Notice the dufus braggadocios remark in bold below.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/donald-trump-fire-fauci-twitter-033238486.html

Who wrote that forgot that on Feb 28th, he was calling it a hoax.

More on the fire Fauci tweet

https://www.axios.com/trump-fauci-retweet-conservative-backlash-coronavirus-071a7a88-e677-40db-90c4-493209a37e88.html

The same GOP former candidate for House (she lost in the California primary) then added this

trump cult claim of the deep state preventing trump from stopping the c-19 virus.

These people are beyond loony tunes crazy

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That is an unbelievably sad statistic.  I had no idea that was the case. We hear of the mass shootings but all of the other ones, not so much.  

Makes me wonder if the home schooling concept will grow by leaps and bounds because of C-19.