The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

14 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Can anyone tell me if they know/have seen the criteria for "recovered" cases...? At what point, after the positive test, is one considered "recovered"?

today's chart:

image.thumb.png.88f8e19ac791d775fcebda6243497361.png

I would assume it would be no fever and no symptoms.

37 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Can anyone tell me if they know/have seen the criteria for "recovered" cases...? At what point, after the positive test, is one considered "recovered"?

I don't know the official answer.  ZRod's answer seems to make sense.

I see they adjusted the deaths two days ago to account for the questionable deaths in NYC.  I wish they hadn't done that and they would have just left them in their own category.  Looking back, it will look like we had one really bad day.  In reality, that is spread over several weeks.

26 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I would assume it would be no fever and no symptoms.

Thanks....but I dont think that can be correct ZRod. I doubt the average, non hospitalized, positive has a a fever for 3 weeks...our (and other Countries') recovered stats are not keeping pace since this chart has been going for 3-4 weeks.

9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Dr. Oz on Hannity said that we could send our kids back to school and according to journals, ONLY lose 2-3% of them. So 1.1 - 1.7 million kids - and that might be a good trade off.  

fwiw...i think he was misunderstood a bit.   i think he was saying the overall mortality rate would go up 2-3%.  still horrible to accept that but i really don't think he meant 2-3% of the students would die.

1 minute ago, commando said:

fwiw...i think he was misunderstood a bit.   i think he was saying the overall mortality rate would go up 2-3%.  still horrible to accept that but i really don't think he meant 2-3% of the students would die.

I read that too, but he completely butchered the way he said it. Maybe in reference to percentage of kids dying, it would be best to get the verbiage down. But it was on Hannity so I'm sure my expectations are too high. 

40 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

BTW if that 32,700 death number is correct, today is going to be sobering. 

We were at 28,160 yesterday at around 4pm.

The number yesterday included the 3,700 from nyc that is classified as “probable “

I wish they had left them in their own category. 

I wish there was a standardized and readily available source for how they are determining deaths. There is something that seems....not exactly fishy but suspect about too many reports of how deaths are being casually attributed to covid or doctors being given permission and instructions to assume it in cases where it isn't verified.

I trust the numbers generally but wish I knew with certainty how they get there so I could disarm arguments that it's being artificially inflated.

17 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I wish there was a standardized and readily available source for how they are determining deaths. There is something that seems....not exactly fishy but suspect about too many reports of how deaths are being casually attributed to covid or doctors being given permission and instructions to assume it in cases where it isn't verified.

I trust the numbers generally but wish I knew with certainty how they get there so I could disarm arguments that it's being artificially inflated.

I think everyone would agree with that. But, it's just not reality right now.  If they only recorded deaths that were confirmed COVID, then it would be greatly understated.  However, the way they are doing it now, I'm sure it catches some that weren't.  I believe the way they are doing it now is getting closer to reality (even though it's not perfect) than if they only used confirmed cases.

• Plus1 1