The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

7 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Not really trying to be difficult.  Nebraska's statute doesn't apply to NY...and that's the original state we were talking about.  So I'll stop talking about it so you don't have a stroke.

And I clearly stated, in my original reply to you, that I was talking about Nebraska. I am glad that you are concerned for my coronary health, but my pulse stays pretty even keel when I know that I am right. 

Have a good one :thumbs

2 hours ago, Landlord said:

I wish there was a standardized and readily available source for how they are determining deaths. There is something that seems....not exactly fishy but suspect about too many reports of how deaths are being casually attributed to covid or doctors being given permission and instructions to assume it in cases where it isn't verified.

I trust the numbers generally but wish I knew with certainty how they get there so I could disarm arguments that it's being artificially inflated.

Its not neat and tidy or easy to find, but the best way to count COVID related deaths is going to be how high the deaths are over a normal time period.  Like the chart below that most have probably seen.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I bet you a million dollars they are republicans

The event was organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition and the DeVos-funded Michigan Freedom Fund is listed as a host. 

Other organizations attended the protest including the Michigan Militia, many of whom were carrying guns, and the Michigan Proud Boys, a far-right white supremacy group.

4 hours ago, Landlord said:

I wish there was a standardized and readily available source for how they are determining deaths. There is something that seems....not exactly fishy but suspect about too many reports of how deaths are being casually attributed to covid or doctors being given permission and instructions to assume it in cases where it isn't verified.

I trust the numbers generally but wish I knew with certainty how they get there so I could disarm arguments that it's being artificially inflated.

I said this a week ago...I agree.

13 minutes ago, commando said:

The event was organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition and the DeVos-funded Michigan Freedom Fund is listed as a host. 

Other organizations attended the protest including the Michigan Militia, many of whom were carrying guns, and the Michigan Proud Boys, a far-right white supremacy group.

Okay, does anyone else think that the "Proud Boys" just...doesn't really work for a far right white supremacy group?

32 minutes ago, NUance said:

Something about glass houses.  

I assume you think Pelosi is hypocritical?

It's just odd that you're choosing this clip from a City that's handling the virus fairly well. The clip was posted Feb 29th. The first confirmed cases in San Francisco we're reported March 5th. The stay at home order was issued March 17th. To date they've had far, far less deaths than other cities of their size. I think they're 4th in population in CA but 9th in total deaths with 17.

Pelosi even says at the end of the clip that people shouldn't be fearful, but they should be concerned and vigilant...

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I assume you think Pelosi is hypocritical?

It's just odd that you're choosing this clip from a City that's handling the virus fairly well. The clip was posted Feb 29th. The first confirmed cases in San Francisco we're reported March 5th. The stay at home order was issued March 17th. To date they've had far, far less deaths than other cities of their size. I think they're 4th in population in CA but 9th in total deaths with 17.

Pelosi even says at the end of the clip that people shouldn't be fearful, but they should be concerned and vigilant...

Would you be making this same point if Donald Trump had said, "Come to Chinatown!" back in late February? 

• Plus1 1