The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

13 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Hot air. They had the chance to get rid of him and it was the right thing to do and the constitution supported it and they didn't take it. It didn't take much brain power to know that he would perform horribly when put into a bad situation.

Agreed

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

One of Trump's very best people apparently misunderstanding (or gaslighting her intended audience) with the notion that this is Covid-19 because there have been 18 other iterations of this virus. 

:facepalm:

I liked COVID-3 and his fight against Mr. T, but I thought COVID-4 was really dumb, especially when they sent him to Russia to fight on Christmas.

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

One of Trump's very best people apparently misunderstanding (or gaslighting her intended audience) with the notion that this is Covid-19 because there have been 18 other iterations of this virus. 

:facepalm:

FFS!

These people are idiots!

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah....this is how we should expect our states need to function.

This is what happens when the admin is inept at managing the supply chain.

If tRump hadn't waited so long to address this issue, we would have had more PPE on hand

If tRump had enacted the Nat'l Def Act  emergency clause, states wouldn't be competing against each other and the fed govt for supplies.

The federal govt should have sourced all of the PPE under the emergency clause and disbursed it as needed and where needed without any state competition.  It is stupid that states have to compete for this. The fed govt could have acted as a clearing house - supplies flow in and flow out where needed.  However, the only problem is you have an idiot as the president, who with his 'all authority' would be holding PPE hostage until the states praise his actions.   

• Plus1 1

Here's your leader, deciding arbitrarily that May 1th is the day we all get back to normal.

Except that won't work, it'll kill tens of thousands of people, its' the best way to guarantee we WON'T have football this fall, and he doesn't have the authority to declare anything like this.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Here's your leader, deciding arbitrarily that May 1th is the day we all get back to normal.

Except that won't work, it'll kill tens of thousands of people, its' the best way to guarantee we WON'T have football this fall, and he doesn't have the authority to declare anything like this.

I know of a great symbolic and patriotic banner from an American aircraft carrier that he can use.

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

And why would masks in Illinois be seized? They are one of the hardest hit states. There is no way Trump/Kushner aren't profiting from this somehow.

There's a lovely theory on Reddit I can copy and paste here when I find it again. It basically boils down to a lot of sketchy things going on like one Republican campaign strategist quitting his job and opening a medical supply distribution company with zero experience.

Until I find that. This may keep you occupied...

https://www.cpr.org/2020/04/08/colorado-coronavirus-ventilators-trump-polis-gardner-fema/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-19/trump-told-governors-to-buy-own-virus-supplies-then-outbid-them

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Well he does know more than all of the scientists and doctors in the room you know......