The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

16 hours ago, teachercd said:

More please!!!

2,500 a month to every person over 17 for 4 months.

You crack me up!

I will say this ... the folks who set up a "rainy day fund" and didn't get the latest toy ... they seem to be fine and don't really need anything from the government.  Perhaps a "learning" for those under 50 years of age might be that each person/family has a 6 month "rainy day fund" ... to be better prepared.  Moving forward ... it's pretty obvious that the world can't handle the 50,000 folks who have died thus far world wide from this virus ... so its probably best to set up an even longer/bigger "rainy day fund" going forward.  God help us if we have 675,000 die from something like the Spanish Flu.  This "new" America could not handle a real "killer" virus ... my perception is biased I'm sure ... but hey, this is a political forum ... that's what we all banter for anyway isn't it.  :-)

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

You crack me up!

I will say this ... the folks who set up a "rainy day fund" and didn't get the latest toy ... they seem to be fine and don't really need anything from the government.  Perhaps a "learning" for those under 50 years of age might be that each person/family has a 6 month "rainy day fund" ... to be better prepared.  Moving forward ... it's pretty obvious that the world can't handle the 50,000 folks who have died thus far world wide from this virus ... so its probably best to set up an even longer/bigger "rainy day fund" going forward.  God help us if we have 675,000 die from something like the Spanish Flu.  This "new" America could not handle a real "killer" virus ... my perception is biased I'm sure ... but hey, this is a political forum ... that's what we all banter for anyway isn't it.  :-)

Do we all want to team up on this, or just ignore it?

My goodness, you're one of those preachers telling their "flock" to keep coming to church, aren't you?

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

You crack me up!

Its estimated 78% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. It's naive to think every American can just have a couple months of bill/grocery money saved up. Also naive to think the people that don't have money saved up, used it on the latest toy. Also naive to think everyone that struggling to get by right now is under 50. 

3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Do we all want to team up on this, or just ignore it?

I should have ignored it, but it pains me that there might be someone out there walking around that actually believes this. 

• Plus1 4
14 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

You crack me up!

almost 100k world wide as of right now.   and that is only the confirmed cases.   but...what's another 50k deaths to someone as tough as you?   

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I should have ignored it, but it pains me that there might be someone out there walking around that actually believes this. 

Me too.  My cousin, who loves to bash "fake news", posted a fake post by a fake person about an anecdote regarding the use of chloroquine.  Several of us made her aware that the story and original poster were fake, not to take away from "possible" effectiveness but just to a least expect real anecdotal evidence.

Her response: "It is working.  You all need to have more faith in God and the President."  As of this morning that post has 20+ "likes" and "hearts".   I thought about engaging further, instead I just facepalmed so hard I think I have a concussion....

14 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Me too.  My cousin, who loves to bash "fake news", posted a fake post by a fake person about an anecdote regarding the use of chloroquine.  Several of us made her aware that the story and original poster were fake, not to take away from "possible" effectiveness but just to a least expect real anecdotal evidence.

Her response: "It is working.  You all need to have more faith in God and the President."  As of this morning that post has 20+ "likes" and "hearts".   I thought about engaging further, instead I just facepalmed so hard I think I have a concussion....

It's a pretty sad and disturbing phenomenon how closely God and Trump have become linked to a lot of folks, isn't it?

41 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

You crack me up!

I just want more free money!

I have heard that a lot of current deaths (no matter virus related or not) are being listed as virus deaths because of payment factors.  No idea if that is true or not.  Probably some truth to it.

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Posted this yesterday. We still know so little about how this virus will act in the long term. If some sort of reinfection is possible we are in for a very long 12 months. I've also read people who get round 2 of the virus usually get hit harder than the first time around. Alot left to discover with this

4 hours ago, BigRedN said:

You crack me up!

Don't you live in South Africa? 

20 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

. If some sort of reinfection is possible we are in for a very long 12 months. I've also read people who get round 2 of the virus usually get hit harder than the first time around. Alot left to discover with this

I wouldn't worry too much about this, I don't think there has been any cases of REinfection (maybe a false positive, followed by an actual infection, or a return of symptoms after a short period of no symptoms). All the studies I have seen point to immunity , not sure how long that will last, but SARS is a close cousin - and it lasts 8-10 years. Scientists think immunity with COVID could be as low as 2 years - but there is an immune response. And it if it's like any other virus studied, a second infection would be far more mild in most cases. 

• Plus1 2

Just went to the store.  Seeing way more masks on people now, way more social distancing, it does appear that the virus has not stopped people from stopping in the middle of an aisle for what appears to be no reason.  Also...the store is really quiet which is weird for the Lion's Den Adult Video Store, but times are changing!

It funny to see that pretty much every cart is loaded with booze.  God Bless America!

10% off booze at Hy-Vee

So if I do my math right...10% off a 750 ML of Northeastern Croatia's finest beet and cabbage vodka...I just saved 19 cents!