The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Doomsday warnings every other week don't seem to be helping. I have never seen these models they reference all the time. Perhaps show your work? Maybe I have "Covid Derangement Syndrome" but it is really getting old. Fauci is the highest paid Federal Government employee, and I know it would be tough to try and work under Trump, but all the names on this list are doing the same thing and it sure sounds like wash/rinse/repeat. https://www.fedsmith.com/2020/07/21/top-10-highest-paid-feds-1-well-known/

image.png.b9c1eb821c9209da40c930cbef8042fc.png

I don't understand the complaint here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I don't understand the complaint here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good to see my buddy! image.png.df4db2f077127cd06f494f276008e901.png

I guess I really don't have a valid complaint. I linked the salaries because it seems like there should be a plan more viable than shouting into the abyss. That's a lot of folks, making a lot of money, and all we get are cycles of "wear your mask and social distance" then, when cases drop nothing but crickets. The next cycle "wear your mask and social distance", but wait, we have been. 

Flatten the curve was the mantra, over and over, so after the respite, as cases get higher, they say "flatten the curve". It has been roughly 8 months since they were aware of the virus and subsequent pandemic, but it seems that nothing is changing from the top.

Could be Trump, could be ineptness, but either way I am growing weary.

(also could just be pms or hump day has me down, on my part...who knows)

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I guess I really don't have a valid complaint. I linked the salaries because it seems like there should be a plan more viable than shouting into the abyss. That's a lot of folks, making a lot of money, and all we get are cycles of "wear your mask and social distance" then, when cases drop nothing but crickets. The next cycle "wear your mask and social distance", but wait, we have been. 

Flatten the curve was the mantra, over and over, so after the respite, as cases get higher, they say "flatten the curve". It has been roughly 8 months since they were aware of the virus and subsequent pandemic, but it seems that nothing is changing from the top.

People need to be reminded often.   Especially when essentially the opposite advice is coming from the WH.  What more do you want  Fauci and the others at HHS to do?

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

@Decoy73 hit on it.  But, these people are fighting against the misinformation from the administration.  Unfortunately, they have to keep saying it over and over and over again.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

People need to be reminded often.   Especially when essentially the opposite advice is coming from the WH.  What more do you want  Fauci and the others at HHS to do?

I truly don't know. It just seems like an effort in futility. 

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

@Decoy73 hit on it.  But, these people are fighting against the misinformation from the administration.  Unfortunately, they have to keep saying it over and over and over again.

I get it, and am just having a bad day. Maybe I was just hoping some other avenue or different tack would have come up by now...

Until we have a proven vaccine and/or antibody treatment, masks, washing our hands and social distancing are our best options to combat this pandemic. 

This has been Fauci's consistent message since April 1st. The fact that he has to keep repeating this over and over and over and over is because people simply don't want to comply with these easy, basic things. 

If you think it's frustrating to have to keep hearing that message over and over, imagine being the people who have willingly complied with these requirements for six months, only to constantly hear push-back on it for no other reason than that people are tired of hearing it.

Americans need to be tougher than this. The things we're being asked to do aren't even sacrifices. It's basic hygiene and a piece of cloth over your face. 

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Until we have a proven vaccine and/or antibody treatment, masks, washing our hands and social distancing are our best options to combat this pandemic. 

This has been Fauci's consistent message since April 1st. The fact that he has to keep repeating this over and over and over and over is because people simply don't want to comply with these easy, basic things. 

If you think it's frustrating to have to keep hearing that message over and over, imagine being the people who have willingly complied with these requirements for six months, only to constantly hear push-back on it for no other reason than that people are tired of hearing it.

Americans need to be tougher than this. The things we're being asked to do aren't even sacrifices. It's basic hygiene and a piece of cloth over your face. 

I am one of those people. Mask in public. Social distance. Prioritize trips. Stay at home. Sanitize and wash often. 

Maybe that's why I am frustrated with it I guess. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, DevoHusker said:

I am one of those people. Mask in public. Social distance. Prioritize trips. Stay at home. Sanitize and wash often. 

If it's any consolation, I think everyone's in that boat. I actually kinda like wearing masks and I have some pretty cool masks, but dang, it gets tiring wearing them sometimes. And I can't wait sometimes to get in my car or house & rip it off. 

I think wearing masks is going to be easier/less galling during the cold months. It'll just be an extra layer we all wear. But the six feet apart stuff, the theaters & restaurants all closed, that all sucks. 

• Plus1 2
29 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I truly don't know. It just seems like an effort in futility. 

I get what you’re thinking.  I wonder if Fauci and others are concerned that if they contradict the WH too much. Trump will go berserk and start firing people and replace them with his Lackeys and pretend doctors (e.g. Dr Atlas).  That won’t do the country any good.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

I get it.  Sometimes I get so dang frustrated with the entire issue.  

I know you're not necessarily doing this....But....the administration's attack of the experts in it is the exact wrong way to go just because we are all frustrated with it.

• Plus1 1