The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I agree.  A completely bad idea.  Picture how many people are going to be walking around with their mask hanging on their neck because they're "drinking" or "eating". This is a perfect example of how as a society we are getting a false sense of security with just masks.  It's at least partially why our COVID numbers are so high right now.  They mention social distancing.  Yeah right.  We know how that gets enforced.  I wouldn't get near any large indoor gathering, masks or not for the foreseeable future.  

• Plus1 3

Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

Nebraska breaks its hospitalization record yesterday by 10. Starting to notice more friends/family/co-workers come down with it. Anyone else noticing the same?

Ya there are people in my apt complex with it again. First time in a few months (although it's possible there were others who just didn't tell the office).

My sibling got it a month ago from their in-laws. They are clear now, but I know that means it is making the rounds in central Nebraska. 

We also frequent our local hospital as outpatients, due to sad circumstances, and we have noticed that we no longer get a room, but are sequestered to the check-in room. Words amongst the nurses is that they are overall very full (not just Covid-19) and are taking in more patients from the hospital/surgery. We think it won't be long before elective surgery will have to be limited again to make sure long term Covid patients have rooms despite what top level staff are saying publicly.

Edited by deedsker
  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, deedsker said:

My sibling got it a month ago from their in-laws. They are clear now, but I know that means it is making the rounds in central Nebraska. 

We also frequent our local hospital as outpatients, due to sad circumstances, and we have noticed that we no longer get a room, but are sequestered to the check-in room. Words amongst the nurses is that they are overall very full (not just Covid-19) and are taking in more patients from the hospital/surgery. We think it won't be long before elective surgery will have to be limited again to make sure long term Covid patients have rooms despite what top level staff are saying publicly.

Elective surgery will be next to go if the trend continues. I think you're right, it's just a matter of time. Community spread is definitely an issue, makes me nervous for the bars and restaurants across Nebraska come kick-off. Increasing contact between people right as community spread is peaking seems like a disaster waiting to happen. 

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Elective surgery will be next to go if the trend continues. I think you're right, it's just a matter of time. Community spread is definitely an issue, makes me nervous for the bars and restaurants across Nebraska come kick-off. Increasing contact between people right as community spread is peaking seems like a disaster waiting to happen. 

Yeah, we are an immune compromised family and seeing everything going on basically has us in shut down outside of trips to the hospital. From what we are hearing/seeing and the general attitude of people, this is all gonna probably hit the fan around, I would say, October 24th. :)