The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Friends went to a wedding not too long ago. Smaller wedding because of COVID and outside. About 1/2 the people there tested positive within a week, a lot of them symptomatic (mild symptoms and none of the symptoms seem to be the same). Absolutely spreading like wildfire through the midwest right now - we are so far past containing this thing, its not even an option anymore. 

I had to chew my brother's a$$ for going to one of these.

Apparently a somewhat close friend from high school of his, but I was shocked. He's a smart dude going to school for a graduate degree right now. I would've told anyone inviting me to pound sand. Luckily I don't think any of my friend group from high school would be ones to plan their wedding during a pandemic.

7 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I had to chew my brother's a$$ for going to one of these.

Apparently a somewhat close friend from high school of his, but I was shocked. He's a smart dude going to school for a graduate degree right now. I would've told anyone inviting me to pound sand. Luckily I don't think any of my friend group from high school would be ones to plan their wedding during a pandemic.

This is the same response most people get when the schedule a wedding during a Husker game!  Haha

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I don't understand people who like weddings, or who have weddings and then make people come to them. And I won't get started on spending more than $5,000. People are weird. 

Amen!

Or...have a big wedding and ask for cash as a gift!  (I mean, it is smart, I get it but if you have 300 guests at your wedding...250 of them hardly know you and/or don't want to be there)

23 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't understand people who like weddings, or who have weddings and then make people come to them. And I won't get started on spending more than $5,000. People are weird. 

We had a big wedding, lots of booze, food, dancing - party bussing before and barhopping after - tons of friends/family we never get to see  - it was a 10/10 day.

That being said my wife and I both said their is no way we could enjoy a COVID wedding. It would be filled with guilt and nervousness, it'd be impossible for anyone to enjoy. I'd just do a courthouse wedding and throw a big ol party once this is all over.

13 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

We had a big wedding, lots of booze, food, dancing - party bussing before and barhopping after - tons of friends/family we never get to see  - it was a 10/10 day.

That being said my wife and I both said their is no way we could enjoy a COVID wedding. It would be filled with guilt and nervousness, it'd be impossible for anyone to enjoy. I'd just do a courthouse wedding and throw a big ol party once this is all over.

I'm probably actually the weird one. $ for the partying drinking part makes more sense than the $ for the costumes and annoying parts.

15 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Never been to the courthouse, have you?  Ha...more germs there than if you were filming (Covid)Father of the Bride III.

My god...did I just come up with the next Steven Martin movie???

12 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'm with you.  My wedding day was one of the best days of my life.  I had a blast and so glad I shared it with a big group of people.  It was great to see so many friends and family gathered together.  It's actually the last I have seen a few of those family members, and that was 20 years ago.