The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I feel bad for him but he seems to have such a great attitude about it, considering everything. He should be given some kind of medal after all this is over.

Given the death threats he seems to be at least handling that as well as you can handle death threats against your family anyhow but to me what it says about America in 2020 was/is just as scary/disappointing.  Sadly however it's not surprising at all.  

• Plus1 1

Went to my sister's wedding in South Dakota a few days ago. Could not believe any part of it was legal. 200 people in a small hotel event space for several hours with zero masks. Party bus with 40 people drinking crammed in like sardines. Bar hopping at establishments without any rules. All of this in a city with a "mask mandate", in a state currently in the top-5 for cases per capita. I'm not sure how long to wait before getting tested but feel like I need to no matter what.

Makes sense that the governor is a rising star in Trump's party.

• Plus1 1

First student tested positive for covid at my kids' school. So far only a limited number of students and teachers are being quarantined through contact tracing. After bringing the kids back on Oct. 1, school district is likely going to go back to remote learning for grades 6-12 but stay in school for K-5.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

First student tested positive for covid at my kids' school. So far only a limited number of students and teachers are being quarantined through contact tracing. After bringing the kids back on Oct. 1, school district is likely going to go back to remote learning for grades 6-12 but stay in school for K-5.

After 3 weeks of being 50-50 our school district is bringing the 6-12 grades back to 100% online this week.  I get it, but disappointed that they didn't give it much of a chance.

22 hours ago, mrandyk said:

Went to my sister's wedding in South Dakota a few days ago. Could not believe any part of it was legal. 200 people in a small hotel event space for several hours with zero masks. Party bus with 40 people drinking crammed in like sardines. Bar hopping at establishments without any rules. All of this in a city with a "mask mandate", in a state currently in the top-5 for cases per capita. I'm not sure how long to wait before getting tested but feel like I need to no matter what.

Makes sense that the governor is a rising star in Trump's party.

Friends went to a wedding not too long ago. Smaller wedding because of COVID and outside. About 1/2 the people there tested positive within a week, a lot of them symptomatic (mild symptoms and none of the symptoms seem to be the same). Absolutely spreading like wildfire through the midwest right now - we are so far past containing this thing, its not even an option anymore.