The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Fun fact:

There is a slight positive correlation with regard to population and total vaccination of a nation. (i.e. more population equals higher vaccination percentage)

R^2 is only .1586 so it is basically a non predicter, but it is positive meaning it generally is harder for smaller nations to get vaccinated. Which makes sense, smaller countries have less resources, negotiation power, and political clout to move global forces as a nation with more people with a larger market to demand said product.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/world/covid-vaccinations-tracker.html

19 minutes ago, deedsker said:

Fun fact:

There is a slight positive correlation with regard to population and total vaccination of a nation. (i.e. more population equals higher vaccination percentage)

R^2 is only .1586 so it is basically a non predicter, but it is positive meaning it generally is harder for smaller nations to get vaccinated. Which makes sense, smaller countries have less resources, negotiation power, and political clout to move global forces as a nation with more people with a larger market to demand said product.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/world/covid-vaccinations-tracker.html

Good info, thanks. I will throw this out there however, 4 of the top 5 US States (as of 8/15/21) would be considered "small" in terms of population.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-population-vaccinated-march-15.html 

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Good info, thanks. I will throw this out there however, 4 of the top 5 US States (as of 8/15/21) would be considered "small" in terms of population.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-population-vaccinated-march-15.html 

And within states, the highest vaccinated counties tend to be the most populace. 

The highest vaccinated counties in Nebraska are Douglas and Lancaster.

1 minute ago, deedsker said:

And within states, the highest vaccinated counties tend to be the most populace. 

The highest vaccinated counties in Nebraska are Douglas and Lancaster.

:thumbs Lol...thanks. 

I still say it would be easier to achieve close to 100% Nationwide vaccination in New Zealand than in the US. 

15 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

:thumbs Lol...thanks. 

I still say it would be easier to achieve close to 100% Nationwide vaccination in New Zealand than in the US. 

You would think, wouldn't you? Almost like there are real world obstacles that make a simple narrative incomplete or counterintuitive.

24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Thanks for posting.  This has been my big question in this.  I was hoping the booster shot was geared more towards the Delta Variant.  That makes a lot of sense.

Hopefully it works as advertised. I do not suffer from vaccine anxiety, and will get it ASAP...in fact, I am guessing that my wife has already scheduled jabs for both of us :thumbs

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

How does this work with folks who received J&J? 

Health officials said people who received the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine will also probably need extra shots. But they said they are waiting for more data. The overall plan is subject to a Food and Drug Administration evaluation of the safety and effectiveness of a third dose, the officials said.

In a statement, officials said it is “very clear” that the vaccines’ protection against infection wanes over time, and now, with the highly contagious delta variant spreading rapidly, “we are starting to see evidence of reduced protection against mild and moderate disease.”