The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

34 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I still think we're on pace for that, given that there are multiple classrooms per *week* being shut down. 

It will be a fight, that is for sure, mainly because there is no group as strong as the stay-at-home parent that 100% does not want to be at home with their kids all day.  

But I think it will go that way.  I mean we are like a week in at most places and clearly it is a s#!t show.  And let us not even forget how many kids are exposed/sick and not even getting tested.  

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Mike didn’t say if his kid was wearing a mask at school?  Hopefully the child gets through it healthy.  

He also didn't say how many were and weren't wearing masks.  But if it was mandated we could make an assumption.  

10 hours ago, nic said:

Sad story. He made his choice I guess. Why would someone plus one this, though? And trophy the next post. 

I'd guess the "+1" was from the part of the brain that knows when you see someone doing something really stupid and then they get hurt...and the natural reaction is: "well we all saw that coming..."

It might be because they hated him so much that they are happy he died.  But my guess: they had no idea who he was a week ago, but they aren't surprised that a person screaming against reality is introduced to it.

15 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'd guess the "+1" was from the part of the brain that knows when you see someone doing something really stupid and then they get hurt...and the natural reaction is: "well we all saw that coming..."

It might be because they hated him so much that they are happy he died.  But my guess: they had no idea who he was a week ago, but they aren't surprised that a person screaming against reality is introduced to it.

I am sure there are a lot of folks changing their mind on the vaccine. I heard we are up to 60% now. I am not sure if that stat is accurate. Even for teenagers if you look at the data on long term and short term affects the odds are in favor of getting the vaccine. The problem is no one trusts the information reported by the media, social media, or the government. Common sense has been replaced with conspiracy theories on one side and worrying about being woke on the other.

• Plus1 1

Trump got booed when he told his followers to take the vaccine. I guess we might not hit 70%. That is unfortunate.

While the former president’s verbal attacks on his successor were well received by the crowd, as expected, Trump did encounter push back when he advocated for vaccines.

"I believe totally in your freedoms, I do, you gotta do what you gotta do, but I recommend take the vaccines. I did it. It's good," Trump said, eleciting brief boos from his supporters.

"That's okay, that's alright," the former president added. "But I happen to take the vaccine. If it doesn't work, you'll be the first to know. But it is working."

1 hour ago, nic said:

Trump got booed when he told his followers to take the vaccine. I guess we might not hit 70%. That is unfortunate.

While the former president’s verbal attacks on his successor were well received by the crowd, as expected, Trump did encounter push back when he advocated for vaccines.

"I believe totally in your freedoms, I do, you gotta do what you gotta do, but I recommend take the vaccines. I did it. It's good," Trump said, eleciting brief boos from his supporters.

"That's okay, that's alright," the former president added. "But I happen to take the vaccine. If it doesn't work, you'll be the first to know. But it is working."

That story can’t be true.  People here told us Trump doesn’t promote the vaccine 

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, nic said:

Sad story. He made his choice I guess. Why would someone plus one this, though? And trophy the next post. 

Maybe it was plus oned because he won't be around to spread disinformation and thereby kill even more people than himself...:dunno