The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

4 hours ago, Enhance said:

Can't WAIT for all the 'FDA approval' holdouts to get vaccinated now. This is going to be such an important day for them. Tears will be shed. Hugs will be had. Normality is in sight.

/sarcasm

A whole bunch of new excuses will arise now why they cant be vaccinated. Guaranteed. 

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'd need more info. Do they know it was sure an adverse reaction to the Vaccine? Do they have allergic reactions to any other vaccines? What does "serious" mean, did they need a dose of epi and that did the trick? Did they break a fever over 99 and have chills and a parent freaked out? Did they throw a clot? 

I’ll answer what I know in one response. The nurse that mentioned the 3 kids was one of the first people I know to get the vaccine back in February. Her mom too. Both are in health care. Chest pain and shortness of breathe were the symptoms. Myocarditis I assumed, but will confirm. Severe enough for the parents to take them in and all 3 were sent to the hospital for treatment. I am sure there is a lot she cannot sure. We’re they at risk, health history etc. When I see her again I will ask if they are sure it was a vaccine reaction. She did say all 3 were vaccinated recently. Didn’t give a time frame though.

edit: the nurse is urgent care...the kids were admitted. 

34 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ladies and gentlemen.  You get to witness nature's natural selection process unfold.

don't trust the doctors to give them the vaccine....but call the doctors to help them when they poison themselves using livestock drugs

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, commando said:

don't trust the doctors to give them the vaccine....but call the doctors to help them when they poison themselves using livestock drugs

Get heathcare advice from farmers. No wonder Mississippi ranks close to, if not, dead last in education. 

3 hours ago, nic said:

I’ll answer what I know in one response. The nurse that mentioned the 3 kids was one of the first people I know to get the vaccine back in February. Her mom too. Both are in health care. Chest pain and shortness of breathe were the symptoms. Myocarditis I assumed, but will confirm. Severe enough for the parents to take them in and all 3 were sent to the hospital for treatment. I am sure there is a lot she cannot sure. We’re they at risk, health history etc. When I see her again I will ask if they are sure it was a vaccine reaction. She did say all 3 were vaccinated recently. Didn’t give a time frame though.

edit: the nurse is urgent care...the kids were admitted. 

An urgent care nurse, most likely an MA because very rarely does an RN work in urgent care, diagnosed them with myocarditis from the vaccine? 

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

An urgent care nurse, most likely an MA because very rarely does an RN work in urgent care, diagnosed them with myocarditis from the vaccine? 

No the doctor did.  I have no reason to believe this nurse is lying. she was working when this happened. She advocates for people to get vaccinated. It’s possible that there was a bad diagnosis or that they were being overly cautious. I am just relaying info I received that surprised me, and if true, concerned me. I am not a vaccine expert. Is the process well controlled? I hope so. 

Why do people shoot down any info that doesn’t fit what they want to hear. Sort of like the theory that the virus could have originated from a Wuhan lab. It’s just a theory, and plausible, but the media shot it down and social media censored it. Now they are admitting it’s possible....a year later.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, nic said:

No the doctor did.  I have no reason to believe this nurse is lying. she was working when this happened. She advocates for people to get vaccinated. It’s possible that there was a bad diagnosis or that they were being overly cautious. I am just relaying info I received that surprised me, and if true, concerned me. I am not a vaccine expert. Is the process well controlled? I hope so. 

Why do people shoot down any info that doesn’t fit what they want to hear. Sort of like the theory that the virus could have originated from a Wuhan lab. It’s just a theory, and plausible, but the media shot it down and social media censored it. Now they are admitting it’s possible....a year later.

I have a friend who had a potentially fatal reaction after taking the Pfizer vaccine. After the fact he asked his Mayo Clinic doctor if the vaccine was responsible (he has a specific heart condition) and the doctor's answer was "mmmmaybe."  Same guy had a friend who had a pretty serious vaccine reaction, too. Both guys wish they'd had better consultations previous to taking the vaccine, but neither is remotely anit-vax. Obviously they will be cautious moving forward. But yeah, you have to be able to have these conversations without getting dragged into a zero sum vax debate. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
23 minutes ago, nic said:

Eh... I don't think that's what's happening here. Most of the questions/comments related to your initial post were fair and done for the sake of clarity/conversation. Perhaps you're mistaking that for persecution.

There have been tons of anecdotal stories shared here and in other public mediums about the virus and vaccine. It has been a problem in the last 18 months, particularly among people trying to subvert vaccine efforts and the virus itself. I'm not suggesting that's what you were doing, but things like that are going to often raise an eyebrow and people are going to want to determine the veracity of it.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, millions of adolescents have been vaccinated. Thousands of them completed stage 3 clinical trials back in March. So, personally, I'm going to put a very critical eye to anything that ties the vaccines and teenagers being admitted to the hospital together because the clear scientific/medical consensus up to this point has shown that 99% of vaccine recipients will not be admitted to the hospital as a result of being innoculated.

• Plus1 1

Myocarditis can be a side effect to any immune response. The chance after vaccination is tiny, just like after COVID infection is tiny. Hence, why it was stupid the B1G cancelled football and used that excuse. I think they said younger men were the ones who reported myocarditis symptoms with COVID the most frequent, so could be the case with the vaccine as well. I read the chance of Myocarditis is still higher with the infection over the vaccine.