The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Perhaps these two should be on a hospital board, so that they can help make policy. 

Why do we have houses? Why did they use that microphone? If he wanted us to be that loud he would have made our voices that loud right? I can understand if you are against a masking mandate and try to utilize statistics etc or whatever but when you go down the rabbit hole of "if I was supposed to cover my mouth and nose I would have been made that way" Well.....we can play that game with a lot of things. I hope they walked naked and barefoot from the woods to that meeting. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Sad thing is, people vote for school board based on who has the most yard signs in their neighborhood.  No one bothers to actually listen to these people while they campaign, if they “campaign” at all.

This is definitely an unfortunate thing that happens far too often. 

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, teachercd said:

should have just been remote learning from the start.  As someone in the schools (the trenches is what I would call if if I were a fireman), kids wearing masks is not like an adult wearing one for 15 minutes while the store.  

Feel for you bro.  

I was always frustrated during the first two phases of the pandemic when the government kept moving the goal posts. I felt this was about not overwhelming the hospitals period, and that mandates should be adjusted based on that goal. It seems like we are ignoring that goal now and Republican governors could have easily adjusted the mandates when they saw this coming.  They would have been praised for being consistent. They had the high ground. Now the idiots are just being stubborn and will pay for it. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, commando said:

what the actual hell is this?   maybe some steps to actually combat the spread of the disease would make SOME sense rather than having to resort to things like this.  

Desantis has no idea what's going on

On 8/20/2021 at 8:33 AM, teachercd said:

should have just been remote learning from the start.  As someone in the schools (the trenches is what I would call if if I were a fireman), kids wearing masks is not like an adult wearing one for 15 minutes while the store.  

I still think we're on pace for that, given that there are multiple classrooms per *week* being shut down.