Tangent Thread - 2020 Edition

On 2/27/2020 at 1:29 PM, swmohusker said:

Just a way for fans  to connect to the team during Winter Workouts.  I enjoy seeing them, but they are not too informational.  I would rather them put these out, instead of not put them out.  

Essentially my point.  Why not put out something decent with real information, sound and etc instead of snippets of a seconds spliced together that shows almost nothing of real interest?   

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Essentially my point.  Why not put out something decent with real information, sound and etc instead of snippets of a seconds spliced together that shows almost nothing of real interest?   

The videos are targeting a younger generation than you represent...  My 21 year old son thinks they are cool.  The high school kids really like them.  I can understand how...more mature?  people may think they are a waste.

Grumpy Angry GIF - Grumpy Angry Mad GIFs

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2020 at 10:15 AM, 84HuskerLaw said:

I sure hope the AD doesnt spend $ on these little videos.  Most are worthless.   Why put them out ?   

Yikes lol shows that some fans are a little behind in the times.

There are many benefits to these videos.

Here's just one..

- The players are able to repost & share these to their network of friends who could be potential recruits. Recruits see the culture, teamwork, brotherhood, etc.. This is a great way to show what it's all about. If we didn't have these we would be imagining what exactly is going on.

I think this is a great look for the University.

40 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Name and Likeness...$$$

Ahhhh, yeah.  Could totally game the system with the new policy.  Too bad the SEC has deeper pockets than poor ole Nebraska.  

==========================================================  

btw, This whole tangent about the Tweet videos Mav posted throughout the Duval S&C thread:   Link_p5, Link_p6, and Link_p7  

34 minutes ago, NUance said:

Ahhhh, yeah.  Could totally game the system with the new policy.  Too bad the SEC has deeper pockets than poor ole Nebraska.  

==========================================================  

btw, This whole tangent about the Tweet videos Mav posted throughout the Duval S&C thread:   Link_p5, Link_p6, and Link_p7  

You do realize the Big 10 makes over 100 million more revenue yearly than the SEC, right?  The Big 10 leads all conferences by a large margin.    

15 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

You do realize the Big 10 makes over 100 million more revenue yearly than the SEC, right?  The Big 10 leads all conferences by a large margin.    

Oh sure if you're using FASB numbers.  But that doesn't hold true for the money passing under the table.  

3 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Could you imagine the s#!t show that would result in posting the actual testing numbers of players? Fans would be complaining about how they can lift more and run faster than 90 percent of the roster.

6 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Could you imagine the s#!t show that would result in posting the actual testing numbers of players? Fans would be complaining about how they can lift more and run faster than 90 percent of the roster.

Well i doubt the numbers are that bad but as they often say No news is bad news.    Its been two years plus now to improve things even if only by % increases or conditioning scores.  I realize there may not be reliable figures for the pre Frost era but geesh there’s been basically nothing since early Solich era.