Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

32 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think a dome would be about equal to outside as far as air particle mixture. Lots of open space in a dome.

Should Nebraska get a dome? HECK YES, if they expect us to play home games in January!  :D

The only thing is there's no outside forces like wind to carry the particles away.  Can we get some snow makers and industrial fans?:lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah. This seems like not the best series of decisions by a conference ever.

I assume these are very smart people working on this and how they can with a straight face say starting in January is safer than September just blows my mind. You're basing it all on hope things get better in the face of every expert saying that won't happen. 

Yeah. This seems like not the best series of decisions by a conference ever.

I assume these are very smart people working on this and how they can with a straight face say starting in January is safer than September just blows my mind. You're basing it all on hope things get better in the face of every expert saying that won't happen. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

The personal attack probably isn't necessary.

Sorry, that wasn’t my intention, I apologize if you were offended by that comment.

Im guessing we grew up in different places and in different eras. I didn’t grow up in the micro aggression era, if we were trying to get after someone we were overt about it. Don’t get your panties in a bunch where I’m at just means don’t fret about it. where I’m from that wouldn’t be considered a personal attack, but you like all of us are entitled to how you feel.   Won’t happen again, my apologies. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

When the postponed it till Spring, there were lots of people saying...why didn't they just postpone it till late September when we might know more how the school year is going?

Well...now they basically did that till January.  If it's still bad and they can't figure out how to play safe, then they can postpone it or cancel it again.

The bigger issue for me is, how in the hell do you play in the north and midwest in January?  Unless I'm forgetting some, I think Indianapolis has the only dome within the B1G foot print, right?

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

When the postponed it till Spring, there were lots of people saying...why didn't they just postpone it till late September when we might know more how the school year is going?

Well...now they basically did that till January.  If it's still bad and they can't figure out how to play safe, then they can postpone it or cancel it again.

The bigger issue for me is, how in the hell do you play in the north and midwest in January?  Unless I'm forgetting some, I think Indianapolis has the only dome within the B1G foot print, right?

Minnesota and Deteoit

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Dang and I thought Mavric gave up on this thread weeks ago. 

NO to college football in January! Clemson will be playing Alabama in the championship game by then. Its fall or nothing....Join the Big12. :horns2

• Plus1 2
52 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If it's still bad

Here's the problem: There's no societal agreement on what "bad" meant in the first place.

And the Big 10 office had better create those definitions for itself to go by, and fast. I'm talking about similar to what the Lancaster County health office has - the color dial, etc., etc.

If they don't do that in the next 1-2 months and then provide updates, in my opinion they'll deserve a whole lot of s***. I'm ok with saying that fall spiraled downwards because of a vote among the 14 presidents - but now Warren has to create something tangible to go off of.

If we get another generic "the health & safety of our student-athletes blah blah blah" in early December with nothing tangible to go off of everyone is going to be pi$$ed.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Undone said:

Here's the problem: There's no societal agreement on what "bad" meant in the first place.

I agree.  And, that's why all of this is so hard for any leader of a large organization.  There isn't anything someone can look at as an example of how to do this.

I agree with the rest of your post.  They need to come up with some type of criteria that is going to be used to decide if they play in January or not.

I would hate to be the one that has to come up with that though.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh man. That interview is so pathetic.

Like was that an intentional setup for some softball questions? Absolutely should have asked him (at minimum) to "describe what kind of protocols your office setup to determine a go/no-go decision for fall football?"

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Playing with Ohio state leading the charge picking up quite a bit of steam right now.

this might be over just yet. 

Will be interesting if the talking heads including Desmond Howard apologize to Nebraska for all the shade they tossed our way.

Why does this guy sound so much more credible than our multi million dollar a year league commissioner?