The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Lol...really?

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/16/marianne-williamson-abusive-treatment-2020-campaign-staff-00087268

“It would be foaming, spitting, uncontrollable rage,” said a former staffer"

"Williamson would throw her phone at staffers, according to three of those former staffers. Her outbursts could be so loud that two former aides recounted at least four occasions when hotel staff knocked on her door to check on the situation. In one instance, Williamson got so angry about the logistics of a campaign trip to South Carolina that she felt was poorly planned that she pounded a car door until her hand started to swell, according to four former staffers. Ultimately, she had to go to an urgent care facility, they said. All 12 former staffers interviewed recalled instances where Williamson would scream at people until they started to cry."

Yikes...sounds bi-polar. Thanks for the link.

20 minutes ago, commando said:

shall we go back to 2020 talk about how many republican primaries and caucuses were canceled with trump declared the winner?  it also happened in previous elections when the incumbent was the only name on the ballots.

Yeah, there were five. I didn't like it then either. 

On 12/19/2023 at 6:37 PM, RedDenver said:

The Colorado Supreme Court agrees that Trump's actions were messed up.

Sorry I missed this. He has lots of messed up actions and comments for sure, but this is a bad way to handle it. Their job is to convict him, not suppress the vote. They are now guilty of doing things that Trump is a threat to do. This is going to backfire on them. I believe Colorado has write in locations for candidates in the general election....not sure about the primary. I thought I read that if Trump is not on the primary ballot, he cannot be on the ballot in CO for the general election. Does that mean no republican candidate will be on the ballot in the general election if Trump is the nominee? Doesn't that sound just a bit like voter suppression if states can just leave one party or the other off of the national ballot? That sounds like something they would do in Venezuela or Cuba. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
2 minutes ago, nic said:

Sorry I missed this. He has lots of messed up actions and comments for sure, but this is a bad way to handle it. Their job is to convict him, not suppress the vote. They are now guilty of doing things that Trump is a threat to do. This is going to backfire on them. I believe Colorado has write in locations for candidates in the general election....not sure about the primary. I thought I read that if Trump is not on the primary ballot, he cannot be on the ballot in CO for the general election. Does that mean no republican candidate will be on the ballot in the general election if Trump is the nominee? Doesn't that sound just a bit like voter suppression if states can just leave one party or the other off of the national ballot? That sounds like something they would do in Venezuela or Cuba. 

as far as i understand it.....only trump is banned

On 12/20/2023 at 11:00 AM, commando said:

the impeachment trial for him concerning jan. 6 was 57 guilty 43 innocent.    they didn't get the 2/3 required to impeach but that is a solid majority.

Why hasn't the Justice department accused and prosecuted him for it? That would fix it. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

4 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Lol...really?

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/16/marianne-williamson-abusive-treatment-2020-campaign-staff-00087268

“It would be foaming, spitting, uncontrollable rage,” said a former staffer"

"Williamson would throw her phone at staffers, according to three of those former staffers. Her outbursts could be so loud that two former aides recounted at least four occasions when hotel staff knocked on her door to check on the situation. In one instance, Williamson got so angry about the logistics of a campaign trip to South Carolina that she felt was poorly planned that she pounded a car door until her hand started to swell, according to four former staffers. Ultimately, she had to go to an urgent care facility, they said. All 12 former staffers interviewed recalled instances where Williamson would scream at people until they started to cry."

Her and Klobuchar sound like soul sisters 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

To MAGA believers it just proves that the Deep State and cabal of Liberal Leftists hate America and will do anything to steal an election (AGAIN!).

But the problem with that is it means there are NEW Trump supporters.  Because if they are not new, nothing in the poll would change.  Which means D's are "moving" to R's.  Which I can't imagine is happening which makes me think the poll is way off as usual. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, teachercd said:

But the problem with that is it means there are NEW Trump supporters.  Because if they are not new, nothing in the poll would change.  Which means D's are "moving" to R's.  Which I can't imagine is happening which makes me think the poll is way off as usual. 

Trump is making gains on voters who didn't participate in the 2020 election. There are large numbers of people who tune out politics, Trump is leading in voters who did not vote in the 2020 election by a decent margin. SCOTUS is going to rule against Colorado, so this isn't going to affect him. If anything, once SCOTUS overturns the ruling, Trump will ramp up his "Witch Hunt!" rhetoric as he faces criminal prosecution next year. 

Trump is still a very slight favorite to win next November, although neither candidate is going to be much better then a coin toss on election day.

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election