The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

As a Democrat voting in a time period where Republicans have massive institutional advantages in elections, Trump is the gift that keeps on giving. Since 2016, the electoral environment is so stacked against Democrats that we're deeply fortunate that they won a Trifecta in 2020 and still held onto the Senate in 2022.

Republicans are squandering a decade in which they should easily be winning elections based on the fundamentals of the Senate, Electoral College, and gerrymandered house districts. Now, I do deeply wish that the threat that MAGA Republicans was not the other option. I like winning elections and passing good bills, but I don't want the risk of losing an election to be a danger to America.

I hope they go back to nominating Mitt Romney types. But we'll see. Republicans might be to far gone to be saved.

This is a pretty good summary and reflects my thoughts. I’d rather not have the fear of a dictatorship, but the insanity increases the chances of them losing elections. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I think Trump gaining voters is far less relevant than Biden bleeding voters. These people probably won’t vote for Trump, but they won’t vote for Biden either. E.g. people who thought Biden would be able to get their loans forgiven, 18 year olds who are sad about Gaza but not about Israel, etc. 

Okay, this might be accurate.

I see a lot of Pro-Pally stuff from that 18-22 year old crowd, like, it is all over their social media.  Not sure if they are super into or just posting to post.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, commando said:

no matter the results tonight...i bet Trump accuses someone of cheating

Trump already won the state and we're not even an hour into it. 

Look for the other candidates, who subjected themselves to pointless debates to the MAGA horde, to drop out of the race and to beg at Trump's feet to salvage their pathetic political careers.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Republican voters are a lost cause. This is why this election will be close. These people simply do not care that they're voting for a treasonous criminal. 

If Trump gets only 64% of the Republican vote, he will lose in an historic landslide.  I assume this poll is saying 31% won’t vote for someone they deem not fit for the presidency. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
28 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If Trump gets only 64% of the Republican vote, he will lose in an historic landslide.  I assume this poll is saying 31% won’t vote for someone they deem not fit for the presidency. 

Do you think that 31% are going to have a come to Jesus moment and decide not to vote? 

They're go by to rationalize to themselves that it's better than Biden and vote for Trump.

• TBH 1

This is the cohort of voters we have to act like have valid opinions on politics and who we have to pretend are serious.

Screw that. Just admit it. They’re gullible rubes.

It might offend their sensibilities to say it out loud, but it should not be taboo to admit these people are too impressionable and they’re not very intelligent. 

Systematically hatcheting critical thinking skills is a core piece of the Republican playbook.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I think the “if convicted” qualifier makes this a substantially useless question. All it tells me is that 64% of republicans don’t care if he gets convicted and likely the 31% probably think he won’t get convicted so they can still vote for him.

The Republican party, including their supporters and voters are in a very bad way of stupid with no moral compass. Who would of thought a slimy grifter like Trump would get over on middle America? I want to say Trump ruined the party but that wouldn’t be giving the enabling supporters their due.

• Plus1 1

Do you think that 31% are going to have a come to Jesus moment and decide not to vote? 

They're go by to rationalize to themselves that it's better than Biden and vote for Trump.

Yup this. Bummed Haley didn't get 2hd.

This is my every four years reminder that caucuses are the dumbest process for voting in elections like this. 

I lived there for 15 years and not once was I able to participate because I had to work or other conflict. 

So, this is what you get. 

Im interested in what happens in real primaries. 

• TBH 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election