The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

My portfolio returns haven’t been as good as during the Trump years.   

Budget Costs have risen much more than after tax take home pay has increased.  

I, along with my wife, saved for our kids, while  the kids worked hard in school to get scholly’s and jobs to save and pay to get though college with no loan debt.   For what??  To have Joe and his minions say we are suckers for doing things the right way?   Sorry but I will never vote for him for that reason alone.   

Other than that, as I’ve said many times before, local politics affects my life much more than Presidential politics on a daily basis. 

Ok….the question was how have your finances been negatively affected by the Biden presidency. You didn’t answer that. 

48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ok….the question was how have your finances been negatively affected by the Biden presidency. You didn’t answer that. 

It’s very easy for the bubble folk to claim things would’ve been better with their guy/party in charge because there is no evidence available (not that Rs pay much attention to actual evidence anyway).

In reality my portfolio has done slightly better during Bidens term but my belief is the President has very little influence over most economic matters. The fed sets interest rates independent of the Pres, oil does what it wants, the stock market does what it wants, etc. The President is a lazy man’s scapegoat.

• TBH 2
16 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

One of my dealbreakers yes.   Not THE dealbreaker.  ONE dealbreaker.  

Well.....being a dealbreaker means you don't need more than one. You pulled out student loan forgiveness without prompting, and these were your exact words:  Sorry but I will never vote for him for that reason alone.   

Along with your still healthy portfolio and brief irritation with gas prices, seems like you're really stretching to find reasons America is suffering under Joe. 

• Plus1 2
28 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well.....being a dealbreaker means you don't need more than one. You pulled out student loan forgiveness without prompting, and these were your exact words:  Sorry but I will never vote for him for that reason alone.   

It doesn’t mean there can’t be more than one :thumbs

Trump hasn’t advocated for blanket student loan forgiveness, yet I won’t be voting for him either.  

45 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Along with your still healthy portfolio and brief irritation with gas prices, seems like you're really stretching to find reasons America is suffering under Joe. 

Luckily I don’t pay for my gas, the irritation with consumer prices if real though.  Having roughly 3% of our total population enter the southern border illegally is a bit of a turnoff too.  

• Plus1 1

Burgum (ND gov)

VR

DeSantis

now Tim Scott

They all have one thing in common - they are men without spines.  Check their mental/emotional X-Rays.  Last night was a humiliation travel show for these guys. All but DeSantis were on stage behind Trump and his ever increasingly angry retribution tour.  Tim Scott was especially humiliated by Trump - being forced to say that he 'hated Nikki" he chose to say "I love you" to trump. 

Kind of reminds me of the wimpy hotel guy from Home Alone.   What a big disappointment all of these a$$ ring kissers  are becoming.  They are following in the footsteps of Lindsey, Ted, and Marco from 2016- the 3 senate amigos who fell on their manhood sword to pledge their soul to trump. 

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/tim-scotts-humiliating-campaign-to-be-vice-president/

TRUMP: Did you ever think that she actually appointed you, Tim? And think of it. Appointed and you’re the senator of her state. And she endorsed me. You must really hate her. Nah. It’s a shame.

SCOTT: I just love you!

TRUMP: That’s why he’s a great politician!

Trump:  GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND TELL ME YOU LOVE ME.

• TBH 1

Stocks are great, gas is low....those things are awesome.

Interest rates SUCK and prices at stores and eating out are insane and will remain that way.  I mean, we will have to have a huge recession to see rates get under 5.

Anyone that thinks food prices are going to drop are way wrong.  

That is not the fault of the president.  But it still sucks.  

I am benefiting from  some of it though.  Because a lot of you normies kept attacking teachers over and over we have a pretty big shortage so now they are giving us bonuses to stay on and "big" raises...because they know the insane-normies have ruined the field.  So, thanks!  :).

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Stocks are great, gas is low....those things are awesome.

Interest rates SUCK and prices at stores and eating out are insane and will remain that way.  I mean, we will have to have a huge recession to see rates get under 5.

Anyone that thinks food prices are going to drop are way wrong.  

That is not the fault of the president.  But it still sucks.  

I am benefiting from  some of it though.  Because a lot of you normies kept attacking teachers over and over we have a pretty big shortage so now they are giving us bonuses to stay on and "big" raises...because they know the insane-normies have ruined the field.  So, thanks!  :).

So...........you ARE a teacher. 

You had some trouble when it was a yes or no question. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

So...........you ARE a teacher. 

You had some trouble when it was a yes or no question. 

We are all teachers...

Some of us just also are normies and think they should have some sort of say about the school system.  I like to think of them as the fans sitting in the stands at a game.  They always know everything the coach and players should do.  

• Plus1 2
  • Worth a Look 1
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

We are all teachers...

Some of us just also are normies and think they should have some sort of say about the school system.  I like to think of them as the fans sitting in the stands at a game.  They always know everything the coach and players should do.  

Again......it's really a yes or no question that you've gotten kinda weird about. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Again......it's really a yes or no question that you've gotten kinda weird about. 

You do not think that we are all teachers?  You don't think you have ever taught anyone anything?

I bet you have taught many people.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Having roughly 3% of our total population enter the southern border illegally is a bit of a turnoff too.  

Congress has kicked the can on any meaningful immigration reform for decades. The recent focus on it is an electoral tactic. Looks like the Turtle has decided to keep it that way.

• TBH 3

millions of people wanting to move to the united states kind of proves that america is pretty damn great right now.  countries  having to close it's border to keep their people home shows that we shouldn't model; our country after theirs like Trump wants to do.  the "strong leaders he admires so much like putin or rocket man.

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, commando said:

millions of people wanting to move to the united states kind of proves that america is pretty damn great right now.  countries  having to close it's border to keep their people home shows that we shouldn't model; our country after theirs like Trump wants to do.  the "strong leaders he admires so much like putin or rocket man.

Hot takes on the matter:

* Republicans aren’t serious about any policy whatsoever. They merely want power. 

* They’re also fine rolling over to dictators like Putin. Hell half of them probably admire him because their cult leader loves him.

* Ukraine and the border getting boned by a guy who probably shouldn’t be in Congress at all, let alone guiding a whole party, sucks. Double sucks that he’s so to help a corrupt, fascist, blowhard traitor try to return to power.

* The GOP immigration bill sucks. It’s just hardline immigration reduction across the board. It’s only good if your primary objective is to curtail all forms of immigration, not if you want to do it in any kind of intelligent, beneficial way. They don’t want compromise because, well, see the first point.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 3
  • TBH 2
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election