The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, commando said:

texas has assumed responsibility for the border crisis.   it is either over or it is now Texas fault.   

Yeah whatever. My impression is the admin doesn't care about what is going on for who knows what reason. I find it ironic that Trump got elected on building a wall and the administration is helping make it a 2024 issue with perceived indifference. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 3

27 minutes ago, nic said:

Yeah whatever. My impression is the admin doesn't care about what is going on for who knows what reason. I find it ironic that Trump got elected on building a wall and the administration is helping make it a 2024 issue with perceived indifference. 

A lot of politics right now is who is best at tricking you into having a certain impression. The Republicans are really good at it.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
On 1/25/2024 at 12:05 PM, teachercd said:

People have been and keep fighting for wage increases and now some of you are like "Oh...well if THOSE people are not here to work THOSE jobs...what is going to happen?"

What is going to happen?  Those f#&%ing jobs are going to have to pay more money to get people to work those jobs and the cost of all that stuff is going to skyrocket...just like everything has.  

You can't pretend to care about one and not care about the other.  Unless you just really don't care at all.

This is true if there are enough people to fill the jobs. Right now, there are many jobs that there just aren’t people. 

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is true if there are enough people to fill the jobs. Right now, there are many jobs that there just aren’t people. 

Oh yeah, that happens for sure.  Especially in smaller towns where you could use an influx of people. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Oh yeah, that happens for sure.  Especially in smaller towns where you could use an influx of people. 

We'll see in the Biden Economy. You can't even rape somebody and defame them anymore. It'll cost you $83 million. 

No wonder Americans think the economy is bad. 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Just now, Dr. Strangelove said:

We'll see in the Biden Economy. You can't even rape somebody and defame them anymore. It'll cost you $83 million. 

No wonder Americans think the economy is bad. 

Hahaha!  Oh my god!  This might be the post of the day.

That reads like an Onion headline. 

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

A lot of politics right now is who is best at tricking you into having a certain impression. The Republicans are really good at it.

Ehhh, I don’t think it’s because Rs are particularly good at it. Rather their audience is extremely gullible, undiscerning and willfully ignorant of the truth. But yeah, what the Rs do works well on certain people.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
53 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No they aren’t.   They haven’t taken up the House bill yet.   It’s just the Senate telling the House F off and just pass whatever they say. 

This is next level cognitive dissonance. I don't know what to tell you. It's been explained to you that Bill has shortcomings, that Senate Republicans decided to negotiate on a new, stand alone bill tying Ukraine aid with Immigration. 

You can't take H.R.2 and combine it with Ukraine Aid.  Just accept that the central (only?) thing Republicans can campaign on is all a ruse to anger farm their voters. 

• Plus1 2

In other news, did you guys see the rapist (R) running for president is inciting further unrest on the southern border?

Who doesn't respond to the multi-million dollar court judgment against them for raping a woman and then repeatedly attacking her as a liar out to damage HIM by stoking a little more national unrest?

But I agree, we should totally be patting his cronies on the back for their very serious legislative bonafides.

• Plus1 4
10 hours ago, Moiraine said:

And yet the Democrat mayors of NY, Chicago, Denver and others are all crying for the Biden admin to do something. 

• TBH 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election