The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Ranked choice voting

Hell, do ranked choice voting for a pool of XX number of candidates, and then do a random lottery. Tired of being denied thoughtful and effective servants and leaders because they aren't also total opportunistic kiss-a$$ charismatic celebrities.

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Maybe in lefty circles it does, but the majority of Americans support Israel and have no idea what Palestine is.

I'm rooting for Trump to galvanize and untie the left and for Democrats to jettison the stupid elements of their coalition that cost them elections.

America is closer than a Republican tri-fecta and a 7-2 SCOTUS than people realize. We don't need to let the morons on the left off the hook anymore than we should the morons in the right. 

The majority of Americans don't understand the roots, the players, or the consequences of any international conflict, and Israel Palestine is more conflicted than most. We generally don't have strong electoral opinions on foreign affairs, although the right is thrilled to have this mess happening on Joe Biden's watch. 

You can easily find some delusional college student romanticizing Hamas, but if "supporting Isreal" is your criteria, that has become increasingly conditional and gone well beyond "lefty circles."  The mere act of calling for a cease fire in Gaza, as Biden and most of the world advocates, is in opposition to the Netanyahu government, which has declared its intention to prosecute Hamas however it wants, regardless of the devastation to the Palestinian people. Netanyahu is a genuine a$$h@!e who hates having his massive military and financial support come with any conditions. Dig a little deeper, and Netanyahu's own right wing circle has made no secret of its longstanding intention to simply take over Gaza. They are a minority in Israel, having gamed the system to avoid a corruption recall. The Tea Party if you will. 

While early reporting on the war leaned heavily on Israeli sources, subsequent reporting across mainstream and international media has confirmed that some pretty horrific s#!t is being perpetrated on women and children in reprisals that have gone well beyond hostage freeing.

Of course there's always something horrific going on the world, so it hardly rates as a single-issue voting priority, but it's still hard to watch and pretend you shouldn't say something. 

As mentioned, virtually no one is unaware of the binary choice coming our way in November. In the meantime we can wonder why Not Trump is our only position in any discussion, and whether we have the right to ask for more.  

• TBH 1

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:facepalm:

Right when I think she has turned the corner, saw the light, realized the errors of her ways.....she then goes and says this.

It took Mitt Romney, Chris Christie and others a few years before they finally cut the cord, having already embarrassed themselves with forced displays of fealty to Donald Trump. They will never be welcome at conservative events, and face the rest of their careers as guests and political analysts on CNN and MSNBC, where they can get limited and tepid recognition as Republican turncoats. 

• TBH 1
40 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:facepalm:

Right when I think she has turned the corner, saw the light, realized the errors of her ways.....she then goes and says this.

I'm not so sure what she said was so bad.  Yes, she didn't come out and stomp on Trump, but she challenged him to enlarge the tent.  Of course she knows and we all know, Trump will never do so. 

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I'm not so sure what she said was so bad.  Yes, she didn't come out and stomp on Trump, but she challenged him to enlarge the tent.  Of course she knows and we all know, Trump will never do so. 

I'm jaded.  I just see her saying this now....then over the summer, it morphs into..."OK, Trump is better than those horrible Democrats, so I endorse him".

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Trump soundly defeated all GOP challengers by doubling down on everything Haley accuses him of.  Even a non-delusional candidate would be unlikely to change his strategy. 

But as political calculus goes, Haley made the safe and less-courageous call. It's not hard to envision her crafting an endorsement further down the line. 

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm jaded.  I just see her saying this now....then over the summer, it morphs into..."OK, Trump is better than those horrible Democrats, so I endorse him".

I hear you.  She wouldn't be the first.  If Biden fades, then maybe Haley and Chris Christie can form the anti-trump independent ticket -  just joking of course - Biden will need all of those anybody but Trump voters.

Meanwhile, Trump bashes Haley and her supporters and then invites her supporters to support him :blink:

Removed the link as I didn't want to direct people to trump's sham truth social site:  This is from the site: 

@realDonaldTrump

Nikki Haley got TROUNCED last night, in record setting fashion, despite the fact that Democrats, for reasons unknown, are allowed to vote in Vermont, and various other Republican Primaries. Much of her money came from Radical Left Democrats, as did many of her voters, almost 50%, according to the polls. At this point, I hope she stays in the “race” and fights it out until the end! I’d like to thank my family, friends, and the Great Republican Party for helping me to produce, by far, the most successful Super Tuesday in HISTORY, and would further like to invite all of the Haley supporters to join the greatest movement in the history of our Nation. BIDEN IS THE ENEMY, HE IS DESTROYING OUR COUNTRY. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!

• TBH 1

7 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I wonder who will fall out of the first window, a RINO or a commie. 

Uh oh...remember there are no "commies" anymore.

I kid, of course there are...Need look no further than 123 Kremlin Street, Russia. (I don't know if that is the actual address of where putin lives.)

• Plus1 1

About the Great Task:

The Great Task is a multi-candidate PAC sponsored by Congresswoman Liz Cheney that is focused on reverence for the rule of law, respect for our Constitution, and a recognition that all citizens have a responsibility to put their duty to the country above partisanship. The Great Task is designed to educate and mobilize Americans in a unified effort to ensure that our Republic endures.

President Biden: "Donald Trump made it clear he doesn’t want Nikki Haley’s supporters. I want to be clear: There is a place for them in my campaign. I know there is a lot we won’t agree on. But on the fundamental issues of preserving American democracy, on standing up for the rule of law, on treating each other with decency and dignity and respect, on preserving NATO and standing up to America’s adversaries, I hope and believe we can find common ground."

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1