The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I strongly disagree  - Hillary is much less likable and that matters a lot for candidates. But like I said, Bernie is probably too old to run effectively.

Yes, he would be 82 in 2024.  No thanks.  

Also, he would appeal to strong leaning Democrats, that's it.  He would not be attractive to very many in the middle.....especially right leaning middle of the road voters.

PLEASE Democrats.  Please put up someone young and someone who appeals to a broad group of voters.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes, he would be 82 in 2024.  No thanks.  

Also, he would appeal to strong leaning Democrats, that's it.  He would not be attractive to very many in the middle.....especially right leaning middle of the road voters.

PLEASE Democrats.  Please put up someone young and someone who appeals to a broad group of voters.

I'm all for putting up someone young and different, but Bernie polled well among the workers in the middle and even some of the right. Politics isn't usually as simple as left-middle-right.

Gavin Newsom is gaining traction.  He'd have to overcome the "west coast liberal" tag but he's not a fossil like Biden or Sanders and is polling better than Harris (who would get get absolutely crushed) at this point.  

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He would lose.  

Maybe, maybe not. If Bernie isn't too old to run a campaign, I think he'd actually do well especially against Trump. But I don't think Bernie or Biden can make it through a campaign, so probably not going to matter.

12 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Gavin Newsom is gaining traction.  He'd have to overcome the "west coast liberal" tag but he's not a fossil like Biden or Sanders and is polling better than Harris (who would get get absolutely crushed) at this point.  

Newsom is another clone of the last few dozen Dem candidates we've had - bland Dem talking point machine: forgettable. But maybe he'll be more impressive on the national campaign trail than he's been as governor.

Whoever said Bernie would be as bad as Hillary is absolutely out of touch with reality.

While he's not an ideal candidate and maybe not even a good one, he's lightyears better of a candidate than Hillary would be. Not equatable in the slightest bit.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Whoever said Bernie would be as bad as Hillary is absolutely out of touch with reality.

While he's not an ideal candidate and maybe not even a good one, he's lightyears better of a candidate than Hillary would be. Not equatable in the slightest bit.

Yeah….sure….taking office at 83. 

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Based on what?  Illinois has major issues.

Maybe ^(both of you) read up on the past governor(s) and see how well those went as well as Illinois credit history.  Also his current leadership regarding gun laws as well as the current Roe v Wade ruling.  There's more.

Woof

34 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Maybe ^(both of you) read up on the past governor(s) and see how well those went as well as Illinois credit history.  Also his current leadership regarding gun laws as well as the current Roe v Wade ruling.  There's more.

Wooof

Ha...yeah he is better than the last two!  

• Fire 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election