The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

:laughpound  And he’s one of the leaders in the race. 

I'm vehemently anti-death penalty, period.

BUT...if we are going to have the death penalty, then I think it should be out in the open, in the public square, where we constantly have to explicitly reckon with the things we're seemingly okay with. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

:laughpound

So he really DOESN'T HIRE THE BEST then.  Now it is settled with his own words.   He is pandering to SC voters - not because of Nikki but I think because of Tim Scott.  If Senator Scott gets in the race, I think he may be more of a threat to him than Nikki. 

15 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

FpDWHGGWcAAZEb4?format=jpg&name=large

Most shocking thing in this poll is that only 7% Don't Know.

I'd think a significant number would be waiting for more declared candidates and/or simply conflicted by the current choices and unwilling to declare themselves at the moment, which is still early in the process. 

If you took 100% of the Other/None/Don't Knows and threw them to any one non-Trump candidate, it still wouldn't tip the balance. 

If you buy that a lot of Republicans would like a return to more traditional conservative candidates, you'd expect to see Pence and Cheney getting more than 9.4% traction between them. And by "traditional" conservatives, Pence and Cheney would still be considered ultra-conservative by any recent definition. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Most shocking thing in this poll is that only 7% Don't Know.

I'd think a significant number would be waiting for more declared candidates and/or simply conflicted by the current choices and unwilling to declare themselves at the moment, which is still early in the process. 

If you took 100% of the Other/None/Don't Knows and threw them to any one non-Trump candidate, it still wouldn't tip the balance. 

If you buy that a lot of Republicans would like a return to more traditional conservative candidates, you'd expect to see Pence and Cheney getting more than 9.4% traction between them. And by "traditional" conservatives, Pence and Cheney would still be considered ultra-conservative by any recent definition. 

Pretty alarming.  Even if trump gets indited and the poll flips to Trump light - Desantis, the others probably still don't have much of a chance.   The cult will just sloth over to # 2.   It is sure time for a new party. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Pretty alarming.  Even if trump gets indited and the poll flips to Trump light - Desantis, the others probably still don't have much of a chance.   The cult will just sloth over to # 2.   It is sure time for a new party. 

I think the Trumpers will go where he tells them to go.  With DeSantis seemingly not in good graces with Trump, I doubt he'll send the MAGATs Ron's way.  Trump will disparage his primary challenger to the point of killing their campaign.  I could be way off on this, but I see Pence as a legitimate contender.  In any case, I think the Dems are in good shape for keeping the WH in '24.

The GOPers eat their own

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/ann-coulter-tells-nikki-haley-go-back-country-racist-rant-new-gop-pres-rcna71119

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter is under fire for a racist tirade against new Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley.

In an appearance on the "The Mark Simone Show" podcast this week, Coulter made several xenophobic comments about Haley, the former governor of South Carolina who was born in the U.S. to Indian immigrant parents. "Why don't you go back to your own country?" Coulter said.

Coulter, known for her racist and anti-immigrant stances, attacked India, as well.

"Her candidacy did remind me that I need to immigrate to India so I can demand they start taking down parts of their history," she said. "What's with the worshipping of the cows? They're all starving over there. Did you know they have a rat temple, where they worship rats?"

Haley did not respond to a request for comment.

Coulter also called Haley a "bimbo" and a "preposterous creature," criticizing her for having advocated removing the Confederate flag from the grounds of the South Carolina Statehouse in the wake of the 2015 shooting at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston.

"This is my country, lady," she said. "I'm not an American Indian, and I don't like them taking down all the monuments."

Haley announced her candidacy Tuesday, making her the first Republican opponent for former President Donald Trump, for whom Coulter has been a vocal proponent. 

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/from-bde-to-smears-kari-lake-turns-on-desantis-spreads-lie-hes-been-endorsed-by-george-soros/

Failed Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake has turned on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), on whom she once lavished praise for his “BDE” and called a model for Republican governors around the country.

On Thursday, Lake shared an article from the conspiracy-mongering website Gateway Pundit, accompanied by its misleading title: “The Kiss of Death – Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Endorsed by George Soros (VIDEO).”

• Plus1 2
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election