VP Debate - expectations and outcome

Well, I'm thinking that the only debate that will remain on the table is the upcoming VP debate - Pence vs Harris. 

How do you think it will go?    

Unlike Trump, will Pence bore you away from the TV?

Will Harris show too much energy and over shadow Biden?

Will the groundhog see its shadow?  (opps wrong month)

Who do you think will win the debate and why?   Will it make any difference to voters? 

Begin the discussion. 

A few opening shots:

I think Pence will try to shock and awe with the administration's lists of facts -

He will tell us a million times how great the economy was before covid.

He will say they aren't responsible for the great drop in the economy due to covid.

He will say they are responsible for the great recovery since March - equating economy = stock market

He will note the great strides made in standing up to NK, China and for the MidEast peace deal.   (Funny thing- because trump decided to become a wrecking ball in the first debate, he didn't get to highlight their one foreign policy success story - normalization of relationships between Israel and several other countries.)

Pence will bring up Harris's attack on Biden during the primaries.

I think Harris will drill back as a prosecutor and prosecute the Trump admin's response to covid as a failure, as criminally neglectful, and lacking an overall strategy.

Harris will talk about the recovery being for the Wall Street crowd and not for the rest of the nation.

Harris will have to prove her capabilities as a President - the discussion may come up about Biden's age and health and would she be ready to step in and lead.

The last point is my main concern.  Can she demonstrate the knowledge, skill and temperament  to be the president.  Hard to do in one debate - but now she is on the big stage and she needs to be presidential.

7 hours ago, teachercd said:

Considering we spent 15 minutes discussing Xmas movies today, I would say you are correct! 

Anyone can "teach" about the Revolutionary War.  It takes a "teacher" to engage 20 teenagers in a conversation about the validity of the "Polar Express" for 15 minutes.

You should get a pack of pencils for your classroom, or something, @teachervd!  Way to go!!

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, funhusker said:

Anyone can "teach" about the Revolutionary War.  It takes a "teacher" to engage 20 teenagers in a conversation about the validity of the "Polar Express" for 15 minutes.

You should get a pack of pencils for your classroom, or something, @teachervd!  Way to go!!

Pretty sure this is the year I get the TOTY (Teacher of the year award)

Hotty TOTY

• Haha 2

I don’t have a single compulsion to want to watch the VP’s debate. The candidate’s websites are a better source for their policies and platforms and I already know how I’m voting anyway. The only interest I had in the first Presidential debate was to see the Trump train wreck. I won’t be tuning in (except possibly briefly) to any more of those either. It would take every single politicians in this country being raptured off the planet to give me any hope in our political system. I wouldn’t miss a one of them if they were all gone tomorrow.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

I think both did a good job of evading the questions. Pence was all about deflection and point at Bidens record. Harris was all about doing no harm. I thought she played it to safe. Pence like Trump may be looked at as rude for his going over time on most questions and for interrupting