Censorship

8 hours ago, Apathy said:

What’s not to like about Musk? Almost two months ago people cheered when Musk sent Starlink satellites to Ukraine & now people are losing their effing minds because he wants to buy Twitter. 

Its quite funny watching all of the leftist who cheered for censorship lose their effing minds today because someone got tired of all the censor BS 

Who is losing their effing minds?

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think people on twitter are freaking out about it.  I have no idea what Musk believes in when it comes to politics and I don't care but I am sure there are a lot of dorks freaking out.  

Not that I've seen. Most think he's just manipulating the stock price so he can dump his shares.

• Plus1 1

1) I think Elon has done and has been doing some good things. 

2) I think Elon is a posterchild as to why the wealthy need to be taxed more. Wealthy enough to fund their own personal space program and buy a company like twitter with cash??? That's insane. I read that If you received $10,000 a day every day for 4,500 years, you still wouldn't have even 5% of Elon's wealth. Think of that. I'm all for people making bank, but jesus. 

3) I don't care how altruistic a person might be, a tool as powerful as twitter or facebook for that matter, should absolutely not be under the control of one single person. 

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, knapplc said:

I literally gave you a rebuttal before correcting the grammar. :lol:

To the question you had asked me sure but the grammar correction was a different conversation which is what I’m referring too

• Plus1 3
21 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Has there been the same pushback on Zuckerberg? I'm not a FB aficionado but I utilize Twitter a lot.

Uhm, yeah- The govt. is involved. 

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/12/09/1013641/facebook-should-be-broken-up-says-us-government/

An exact reason why a platform like FB or Twitter should not be controlled by a single individual. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/10/25/mark-zuckerberg-facebook-whistleblower/