Censorship

• 3 weeks later...

Boycotts. I never thought they accomplished much…until Bud Light. Now they are even having the opposite affect. I bet this song would have meant nothing to most people until folks whined about it.

According to Luminate, which tracks streams and music sales, the audio and video streams from Aldean's latest song went from 987,000 to 11.7 million, a 999% increase in the week after the release of the music video.

Luminate also confirmed to Fox News Digital that sales for "Try That In A Small Town" have spiked as well. The week before Aldean released the music video, it sold 1,000 tracks. Last week, the country music song sold 228,000 tracks.

• TBH 1

9 hours ago, nic said:

Boycotts. I never thought they accomplished much…until Bud Light. Now they are even having the opposite affect. I bet this song would have meant nothing to most people until folks whined about it.

According to Luminate, which tracks streams and music sales, the audio and video streams from Aldean's latest song went from 987,000 to 11.7 million, a 999% increase in the week after the release of the music video.

Luminate also confirmed to Fox News Digital that sales for "Try That In A Small Town" have spiked as well. The week before Aldean released the music video, it sold 1,000 tracks. Last week, the country music song sold 228,000 tracks.

Stupid's going to stupid...

Funny how Eric Church's Stick That in You're Country Song, which outlines similar American issues but in a more broad style (and kicks a$$ while doing so) didn't get the same love and hate. Aldean's song is just trash modern country, even without the dog whistles and divisiveness it's a bad cliche country song.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
5 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Stupid's going to stupid...

Funny how Eric Church's Stick That in You're Country Song, which outlines similar American issues but in a more broad style (and kicks a$$ while doing so) didn't get the same love and hate. Aldean's song is just trash modern country, even without the dog whistles and divisiveness it's a bad cliche country song.

Jason Aldean and new country in general are a$$. The song is so mild it’s hilarious that people are so mad. The culture war brah

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Decked said:

Jason Aldean and new country in general are a$$. The song is so mild it’s hilarious that people are so mad. The culture war brah

The musical tone is mild, but the lyrics are pretty divisive (not to mention their structure and flow is just garbage). It isn't overtly endorsing lynching but it's almost all the way there, then to top it off the music video location was extremely tone deaf given the lyrics. I wouldn't expect people to know exactly what went on at a specific location almost 80 years ago, but damn was it a poor choice.

Anyways this s#!t is exhausting from both sides. The song is all around garbage and never deserved this much attention to begin with.

21 minutes ago, ZRod said:

The musical tone is mild, but the lyrics are pretty divisive (not to mention their structure and flow is just garbage). It isn't overtly endorsing lynching but it's almost all the way there, then to top it off the music video location was extremely tone deaf given the lyrics. I wouldn't expect people to know exactly what went on at a specific location almost 80 years ago, but damn was it a poor choice.

Anyways this s#!t is exhausting from both sides. The song is all around garbage and never deserved this much attention to begin with.

The last part I can agree with.