***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

Hm ok I looked at Georgia a bit... Biden is down by 118,000 votes. Fulton County is 58% reported and Biden has a 158k vote lead there. If the % of votes holds in that county, Biden could gain 113,000 votes from that county. However... I don't know which votes they count first and there are still red counties that aren't fully reported.

It's now up to 68% chance for Biden to win Georgia... so I'm not sure about this methodology. They base it off of historical voting I think. Maybe they updated their model based on new % in certain demographics? Or maybe a couple counties came in heavier for Biden than expected? Or maybe the algorithm sucks at using small samples of votes when there is such a predictive variable not accounted for - early voting.

Also:

"Atlanta won’t finish its count tonight. Election workers in Fulton County, who were counting absentee ballots, went home for the night. A water line break delayed the count."

1 minute ago, mrandyk said:

Also, this country is incromprehensively stupid. 

The insane thing about it is it is a lot of the same people as... back when we were not bats#!t crazy. Again... before the internet and cable news. That was my thought as I was going to say, if we transplanted all of the voters from the 1984 election to modern times and they voted, this would be like 80% to 20% and they would wonder wtf is wrong with us. Even some of the people whose former selves it would be.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Georgia and AZ just passing in the night. The fun continues. 

I think Arizona may still go for Biden but everyone is saying Fox called it too soon. Although maybe they are seeing something that makes them think it actually will flip to Trump.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Assuming Arizona and NE-District 2 go to Biden, it will come down to whoever can win 2 of the 3 from WI, MI, and PA.  This also assumes that none of the current state leads change overnight. 

Ya, even if Biden wins Arizona and PA and NE-2 and ME-2 he still loses if Trump has Michigan and Wisconsin.

*If Georgia goes to Trump

Nate thinks the Minnesota results are a good sign for Biden. It may be good for Biden's chances from a lawsuit standpoint if Biden loses Pennsylvania but wins the election. But obviously winning all 3 would be better. It's just, PA will be more of a s#!tshow I think. If he didn't need it in order to win, that would be preferable.

Yeah, that Minnesota projection — which ABC hasn’t made yet! — is bullish for Biden in Wisconsin and Michigan. Maybe less so in Pennsylvania, which was polling more tightly and which isn’t as similar demographically to Minnesota.